Do You Want Smilies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bees Knees
    I'm not sure if it is cheating, but everytime I log off and go on as unregistered, it lets me vote again.

Is that cheating????
    Yep... that is cheating and voids the results of the poll..if that is the case why even have the poll feature turned on.. unregistered guests should not be allowed to vote or even post messages!! Thats the way most forums are run and sooner or later this forum will wise up to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda F
      a unique group
      That's a much more polite word than most people use.

Comment

Originally posted by OldJack
        Yep... that is cheating and voids the results of the poll..if that is the case why even have the poll feature turned on.. unregistered guests should not be allowed to vote or even post messages!! Thats the way most forums are run and sooner or later this forum will wise up to do the same.
        How do you know what I voted for?

Comment

Vote as you wish and as often as you like.

How do you know what I voted for?
          It doesn't matter how you voted.

You stated in your previous post that you voted more than once and that is cheating!!!!

The forum should not allow more votes than one per person and therefore any poll on this forum can't be trusted.

Comment

Oh, as if any internet poll has any meaning. They all can be hacked by someone who knows how computers work. Just go and delete your cookies and history files and you can get any internet poll to accept multiple votes from the same computer.

I just did you a favor by telling you the results were being tampered with. If it makes you feel any better, the guys in charge are considering your request.

Comment

Oh, as if any internet poll has any meaning. They all can be hacked by someone who knows how computers work. Just go and delete your cookies and history files and you can get any internet poll to accept multiple votes from the same computer.

I just did you a favor by telling you the results were being tampered with. If it makes you feel any better, the guys in charge are considering your request.
              Why not tell the guys to just do away with the poll feature and then you would be happy.

Comment

I never knew it was there in the first place. You are the first to try it. Then I was amazed at how good it seemed to work, until I figured out how to tamper with it.

Actually, I think it would be kind of fun to mess with it on something else. BTW, are you always so serious about stuff? I bet you get all worked up playing cards too, when someone trys to cheat.

Comment

BTW, are you always so serious about stuff? I bet you get all worked up playing cards too, when someone trys to cheat.
                  Nope! I'm pretty laid back. I knew with your first post that you were a "no" voter and then I knew you were tampering with the poll from the get-go as you were doing it in a very stupid way of matching to 50-50. If you were a criminal you would spend most of your life in the pen like others that smile at the security camera before robbing the place. <smilie>

Comment

No, I'd be the one wearing the Nixon mask making a peace sign at the security camera.

Comment

No, I'd be the one wearing the Nixon mask making a peace sign at the security camera.
                      Well... if you wear republican masks you can't be all that bad. <smilie>
                      Last edited by OldJack; 05-12-2006, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Smilies are now turned on!!

Have fun ...

Comment

Oh great, now are you satisfied OldJack? There goes the neighborhood….

Comment

Oh great, now are you satisfied OldJack? There goes the neighborhood….
                            And the credit for it goes to Bees Knees for your tampering!

Comment

Zee.........

.... you are probably right with "when and how" to apply "smilies". But I need to remind you that not all post would qualify as being in the catagory of "Professional" posts. Some of the rants that go on, on occassion, need a little boost to set a proper tone of those non professional posts. Let's call them a "break in the action" posts.

We have several clowns (in a good sense) that help us get by each day with truely remarkable writing skills. Smilies help express those type of posts, which are appreciated.

I'm as dry as them come but enjoy a chuckle now and then.
                              Last edited by BOB W; 05-14-2006, 03:28 PM.
                              This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
                              X