800 Number for Social Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

800 Number for Social Security

Client called in a SSAN and quoted an "800" for the start of the number. Didn't get to see the card. Anybody ever hear from a SSAN starting with a number like that?

Originally posted by zeros View Post
    Client called in a SSAN and quoted an "800" for the start of the number. Didn't get to see the card. Anybody ever hear from a SSAN starting with a number like that?
    Not Valid.

Check out this website:
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by Jiggers View Post
      Not Valid.

Check out this website:
      http://stevemorse.org/ssn/ssn.html
      From title of that page: (for numbers issued prior to June 25, 2011)

Could it be a newly issued SSN?

Comment

SSn

I think a social security number beginning with an 8XX-xx-xxxx, could be valid if obtained within the last year or two.
        The website referenced above says for social security numbers issued prior to June 25, 2011.

Comment

It's Official

She brought in the SSAN and its the correct number.

Comment

try irs.gov or SSA for SS# by location. They should be more up to date
            Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

SS# are no longer issued by location. Not since 2011. http://www.ssa.gov/employer/randomization.html

Comment

I don't do the return until I have a copy of the card. Too many mistakes can be made otherwise.
                Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I have a client with a child born 1n 2012 with a leading 800. We have SS cad on file and it efiled without issue last year.
                  In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
                  Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Working...
                  X