payroll software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

payroll software

looking to purchase an in-expensive full payroll program that can handle 800+ employees and can import/export employees information from/to QuickBooks, does any one have any idea?

I have heard great comments on Accountants Relief After The Fact Payroll for someone wanting to run thier own in house payroll service (competing with ADP, Paychex, etc).

Comment

QB compatible payroll service

Originally posted by Brilliant View Post
      looking to purchase an in-expensive full payroll program that can handle 800+ employees and can import/export employees information from/to QuickBooks, does any one have any idea?
      I guess it comes down to what you consider inexpensive. I currently have QB "Enhanced up to 3 employees" which allows me max 3 employers with each employer max 3 employees. It is so complexed 1/2 the time I call QB support, they dont know if what I have will e-file the 941 and/or 940 and/or W-2 and/or 1099, etc. This cost me around $35/mo.

Comment

Out of my League

I think the OP wanted it to handle 800+ employees. I don't think "inexpensive" should be the reason. You want a software that can handle that volume.

It is certainly out of my league!
        Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

I agree.
          I think "inexpensive" and "800 employees" are mutually exclusive terms.

I'd be buying the best program possible for that type of volume.
          Going cheap on software in this situation might be the most expensive choice of all.
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

You need to look into Quickbooks Enterprise but with 800 employees the payroll fees are going to be high. You need to look into something like ADP. I do not believe you will find a reasonable priced payroll software that can handle that many employees. A payroll service though would be able to handle that many for a reasonable fee.

Comment

I have referred a few clients to Paychex. But with 800 employees ADP may be more cost effective.
              Taxes after all are the dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society. - FDR

Comment

Originally posted by John of PA View Post
                I have heard great comments on Accountants Relief After The Fact Payroll for someone wanting to run thier own in house payroll service (competing with ADP, Paychex, etc).
                I'll second this post (Accountants World/Payroll Relief)....I believe the software can handle that many employees......but 800, dang....depending on what you are looking to make on it, if anything.....check with ADP and Paychex, it may not be worth your while....or it might.

Comment

I have enhanced quickbooks payroll for accountants. It allows any number of employees and companies and costs me about 230 per year. I am also an Intuit Proadvisor, so that rate is probably discounted.

Comment

I am not sure what ADP would charge but Intuit charges $20/month + First 10 employees..$5 ea/month, Each employee thereafter.$2 ea/month. I am a ProAdvisor also. It would seem to me that with 800 employees you may come out better cost wise with ADP. I also believe you would have to use Quickbooks Enterprise to handle that many employees since there would be so many transactions.

Comment

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
                      I am not sure what ADP would charge but Intuit charges $20/month + First 10 employees..$5 ea/month, Each employee thereafter.$2 ea/month. I am a ProAdvisor also. It would seem to me that with 800 employees you may come out better cost wise with ADP. I also believe you would have to use Quickbooks Enterprise to handle that many employees since there would be so many transactions.
                      That is not the cost for enhanced payroll for accountants. You should check in on that. I pay one price for the year and can put as many companies/employees on it as I need. 800 is not an issue for me, so not sure about that, but think I could.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
                        That is not the cost for enhanced payroll for accountants. You should check in on that. I pay one price for the year and can put as many companies/employees on it as I need. 800 is not an issue for me, so not sure about that, but think I could.
                        If you must upgrade to Enterprise, you would probably come out best to get a pro advisor subscription which includes the accountants version of premier and enterprise and you could add on an enhanced payroll subscription for accountants.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
                          True, quickbooks enhanced payroll for accountants is around $450 a year, non proadvisor. Quickbooks is designed for small businesses with 20 or fewer employees per their site. My suggestion would be to get QuickBooks Enterprise (it is obviously a large business) to handle more transactions. Then allow an outside vendor like ADP handle the payroll. Unless that is your only customer, I do not see how an accountant could handle 800 employees being paid weekly, keep up with the additional federal and state law requirements, and possible retirement/pensions. Of course if the accountant has multiple people working for him/her then it could be processed.

Comment

Working...
                          X