Is there a DD requirement for the W-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a DD requirement for the W-2

We have begun seeing many "DD" codes in box 12 of the W-2. But are they required?

Seems like in my foggy memory, they were required to advise IRS of coverage, over a 3-year average. Or something crazy like that. But again, so many things are postponed. So the question remains:

"Are DD codes required for 2013 W-2s" ??

250 employees

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
    We have begun seeing many "DD" codes in box 12 of the W-2. But are they required?

Seems like in my foggy memory, they were required to advise IRS of coverage, over a 3-year average. Or something crazy like that. But again, so many things are postponed. So the question remains:

"Are DD codes required for 2013 W-2s" ??
    Only if the employer issues 250 or greater W2s, it is mandatory to file the W2s with the code DD. If less than 250 W2s, it is optional.

Here's your link: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Form-W-2-Repo...ealth-Coverage
    Circular 230 Disclosure:

Don't even think about using the information in this message!

Comment

Dave retrieved the same info I have - so once again we are stuck in "la-la land" as the information is related for W-2's issued for calendar year 2012 issued Jan 2013 - I do not believe as of yet, there is another bulletin that has been published - note the paragraph that is titled "Transition Relief"

My payroll clients processed are all on QB - I noticed that in 2012 W-2 reportings - the other payroll services and/or in house "large" were making the notations. As well QB provided this and printed on the W-2 forms -

More of the ACA and no one can seem to get "their act" together and provide us with "guidelines" - When in doubt??

Sandy

Comment

Working...
      X