Pro Series Tax Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Series Tax Software

Anyone use Pro Series? Any good? Comments, good and bad? How is support?

Pro Series....

When I was searching for tax programs several years ago, ProSeries was on the top of my list, but went with Creative Solution's Ultra Tax. Pro Series is an Intuit owned company and I am against any company that competes for my business.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

ProSeries

This software has three different packages available. The one I considered was basic. It is the most economical program they have. Look for the postings on this board earlier on Pro Series. It seems that the other two programs, more expensive are their decent software. Someone posted about the Basic being so bad that I was scared away. I have elected to stay with Tax Slayer Pro with all the programs including bookkeeping at one reasonable price. You should take a look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W
        When I was searching for tax programs several years ago, ProSeries was on the top of my list, but went with Creative Solution's Ultra Tax. Pro Series is an Intuit owned company and I am against any company that competes for my business.

Just wondering but do you shop at Costco or Sam's Club?. I love a business that charges other small business membership fees so they can sell the products and services you do for less money.

Comment

Yes...

.. I shop there and find a savings for me and the products I buy there. Intuit offers me NOTHING.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I agree with Veritas's analogy. Why do people find Intuits TT as a direct attack on their practice. I personally use Lacerte and quickbooks and have found the programs very useful.
            Besides, I get alot of business for tax returns and bookkeeping from people who have screwed up their do it your self situations. I also feel that the average tax payer who uses TT is not the client I am looking for . They usualy are know-it-alls who want the cheapist price. I say no thanks.

Why not look at this a gods send " I don't have to deal with those types of clients"
            Plus when I have to represent them in a audit which most likely will happen eventually I get to charge more money. I guess it is the glass half empty or half full approach.

Comment

Intuit....

.... issue is just a personal thing with me and some others on this board. I like some of their programs, as I stated earlier. Proseries( full blown) is a great product. I'm almost certain they have a good Accounting product as well that integrates with proseries.

Comment

Pro Series

I have used Pro Series for a number of years and am satisfired with both performance and cost. Only complaint has been late release (early February) of a few printable forms. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
                Last edited by jimmcg; 04-25-2006, 01:09 PM.

Comment

This is America

This is America, free enterprise. Intuit, Sam's Club, Walmart, they all are allowed to compete, and desearve to have the business if they can serve the customer better. I do shop at Sam's Club where I pay 18.95 for a case of copier paper; and I pay less for Quickbooks software, than I can get from Intuit with the Pro Advisor's discount. If a mom and pop store is having trouble competeing with Walmart, they should look only to themselves for the problem. If one serves their customers well, then Walmart cannot match that service. EX: Some Walmart's offer tax prep services, but we are all still doing fine becasue of the personal service and hard work we offer. Same with coffee. Many Walmarts sell coffee, but they can't even come close to competing with Starbucks, due to Starbucks committment to the customer. I see Quickbooks's penetration into our bookeeping market a good thing. The software has made life easier for millions of Americans. I have found the loss of write-up revenues is made up by more tax-prep work. I have a sort of personal issue myself because our local governments and business groups kept Walmart away from our community, and I believe we all are at a loss becasue of it.

Comment

See-Tax do

you know who owns Lacerte? Intuit I think....

Comment

I use Proseries

I have used for quite a few years now, last year(2004) I tried the Basic but I didn't like it as well as the Pro so I switched back to Pro this year. There are less expensive programs around but it's mostly a matter of what you are comfortable using. I have ordered a demo for Lacerte but I haven't received yet, I want to know if it will be worth the extra money. I did get a letter for Proseries with a new price, if I don't like Lacerte I will stick with Pro next year.

Comment

I use ProSeries simply because I am too lazy and too busy to invest in the learning curve to switch software packages. Besides, it seems to do the job well.

As to the TT competition, I think it drives more people to me, as they try to do it themselves, screw things up, and then need a professional to straighten out the mess they have created.

Originally posted by BOB W
                        Pro Series is an Intuit owned company and I am against any company that competes for my business.

As to thinking Creative Solution's does not compete for your business like Intuit does, their parent company, Thomson, has been trying to offer cheep consumer version software for years.

Thomson Reuters empowers professionals with cutting-edge technology solutions informed by industry-leading content and expertise.

They just haven't been as successful at it as Intuit has.
                        Last edited by Bees Knees; 04-27-2006, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X