Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checks issued to TP but 1099-misc to be issued to LLC. TP not current member of LLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checks issued to TP but 1099-misc to be issued to LLC. TP not current member of LLC

Client has been issuing checks to an individual (at the request of the individual) and this individual request the 1099-misc be issued to XXX LLC for which currently the individual is NOT a member of XXX LLC. I have clients from time to time issue me check in my personal name and I would deposit them into my single member LLC acct but I am sole member of the LLC. Whether or not the XXX LLC edits its members before 12/31/2013 to include the individual, my client does not know the answer if that is even an issue.

1099 must be issued to the name on the check(s). Anything else would make you a contributor to false reporting.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

I had the same situation where TP was paying vendor personally in his name as an independent contractor, and when 1099-time came around, he wanted it in his S-Corp's name and EIN. He refused to provide SSN. He filled out W-9 with Corp info. We reported payments on 1099 under his name and under SSN, we put "refused to provide." TP made payment to SCorp after that. Problem was, work required a license from the state which he had, but his unrelated corp did not. I refused to do the return the following year.
      Last edited by Burke; 07-31-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X