Ptship Final Return - How to account for final Tax Prep Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ptship Final Return - How to account for final Tax Prep Fees

I have a cash basis partnership that closed down in 2005. Do we have to file a 2006 return to account for the payment of my fees? That would be the only transaction in 2006 other than the final distributions to the partners.

I would deduct in the year paid as an unreimbursed partnership expense on sch e.

Comment

Right or wrong.....

.......... I expense it on the final return......... That is what I was told years ago.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W
        .......... I expense it on the final return......... That is what I was told years ago.
        That is what I have always done too... Just curious what others do. Anyone else?

Comment

Technically

You are to never accrue accounting fees, even if you are an accrual basis taxpayer. That said, in the final year we, and many others I know, have always accrued the fee. What I try to do if I know someone is going out of business is I have them pay me an estimated fee before 12/31 so I got my money up front and it is legit.
          I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Working...
          X