Maryland Non Resident K-1 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maryland Non Resident K-1 Question

NY resident has a Maryland form 510 K-1 from his pass through entity. TTB for Maryland says non residents are required to file if they have any Maryland income. Line 1 of his K-1 ("Distributive or pro rata share from fed K-1" has a small figure. Line 2 - "Distributive or pro rata share allocable to Maryland (Nonresidents only)" is zero. These are the only 2 lines with any figures. Since line 2 is zero, does he have to file a Maryland return?

I don't see why if MD income is zero.

Comment

Maryland Form 510 Schedule K-1

On the other hand, if he files a return, would that not start a statute of limitations running as to him (and I must state I do not know what the SOL is for Maryland as to tax matters)?

Also, if he has filed Maryland returns in past years but does not for 2012 certain 'alarms' may go off.
      Friends double; family triple. Don't buy an audit for yourself. If someone has to go to jail make sure it is the client. Remember it is only taxes, nothing important.

Comment

Originally posted by mastertaxguy View Post
        On the other hand, if he files a return, would that not start a statute of limitations running as to him (and I must state I do not know what the SOL is for Maryland as to tax matters)?

Also, if he has filed Maryland returns in past years but does not for 2012 certain 'alarms' may go off.
        This would be the first time for Maryland.

Comment

Working...
        X