Delayed refunds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delayed refunds

I have a couple refunds that were processed/accepted the first week of February and are still "being processed". No EIC, no 8863, and I can't seem to find anything unusual, so I'm starting to wonder if this is a Proseries issue? Or an IRS issue? Or something I did?

Just out of curiousity, has anyone else experienced delayed refunds other than returns with Form 8867 or 8863?

Earlier post

Look at the post from 3/8/13: Refund delays

Comment

ATXer here,

All of mine now are going okay, but I did have two (no errors) that were filed on February 5th and took a full 21 days to arrive. Others filed the week after got back in 10 days, so I suppose it's possible that batches filed around that time frame were held up because of an IRS glitch. With them being so slow to get forms out and everything, it seems more likely it's IRS rather than you (as long as they still say they're "Processing", that's a positive even though the customer may not agree). I assume you've called the IRS E-file office?

P.S. That was a good post ("Footlocker" in the thread about including biz cards). Nice to have a positive outlooker onboard.
      Last edited by Black Bart; 03-10-2013, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Call PPS

I had 3 or 4 that were held up so I called PPS. The IRS person I talked with was very helpful. They will look up the return and tell you what is going on. One was an error in the bank information and check is being mailed. Another was due to having identity theft issues last year. The call will help with processing. One was a delay because repayment of FTHBC was not on return. I didn't ask that question because couple had just gotten married and spouse had bought a house and this was a new client. They pulled the return took the $500 off his refund and he will get his money but it was delayed.

There is usually some reason but PPS will help you out.

Linda, EA

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
          I had 3 or 4 that were held up so I called PPS. There is usually some reason but PPS will help you out.
          PPS wasn't helpful in finding out the status of a return w/8863 ack'd 15 Feb, even when they spoke with the taxpayer. The best they could offer was to wait 3-4 weeks and call back.

Comment

Luck of the draw.

Pure chance -- it all just depends on who you get. Three out of the last four for me were jerks although two of those did get me what I needed right along with the "drop dead" attitude.

If you don't get satisfaction on the first call, wait a few minutes and dial again (if you can regain your compusure quickly). You'll get somebody else and they may do the trick for you. I was trying to get transcripts for certain years -- first guy said "No way!" Second guy -- two minutes after answering he was faxing the stuff to me.

Comment

Working...
            X