TaxACT efile problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TaxACT efile problems

Is anyone else having problems efiling returns with TaxACT today (Feb 14th)?

I have submitted several federal+state returns within the past twelve hours.

Preparer info shows the correct number of "Total State Returns Received" with "Total State Returns Accepted = 0" (normal) but for federal ALL is zeros - ( Total Federal Returns Received = 0 / Total Federal Returns Accepted = 0 / Total Federal Returns Rejected = 0 )

When I contacted them, I got a boiler-plate cut/paste email response along the lines of "You may have entered wrong SSN/name/etc" (DUH!! ) or my favorite "You may have unknowingly selected to paper file the return instead of electronically filing"

Fearing a potential (but repetitive??) case of "operator error" had occurred, I resubmitted the same returns as "Federal only." And now those newer submissions are.....also lost in space.

My opinion of the TaxACT folks is not at a very high level right not. Am I alone with this problem??

FE

This is the first day of 8863 so there's probably higher strain on servers than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
      Is anyone else having problems efiling returns with TaxACT today (Feb 14th)?

I have submitted several federal+state returns within the past twelve hours.

Preparer info shows the correct number of "Total State Returns Received" with "Total State Returns Accepted = 0" (normal) but for federal ALL is zeros - ( Total Federal Returns Received = 0 / Total Federal Returns Accepted = 0 / Total Federal Returns Rejected = 0 )

When I contacted them, I got a boiler-plate cut/paste email response along the lines of "You may have entered wrong SSN/name/etc" (DUH!! ) or my favorite "You may have unknowingly selected to paper file the return instead of electronically filing"

Fearing a potential (but repetitive??) case of "operator error" had occurred, I resubmitted the same returns as "Federal only." And now those newer submissions are.....also lost in space.

My opinion of the TaxACT folks is not at a very high level right not. Am I alone with this problem??

FE
      I agree that they are backlogged and that could very well be the problem. Wait a couple of days, if nothing has changed call the IRS ELF line for an update.
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I noticed the same problem with taxact yesterday and called them about it. After waiting on hold, on a number that is not toll free (grrrr) I was basically told hmmm thats odd, well I dont know, well its not showing up here internally under your numbers...blah blah blah....so after getting the run around and trying to resubmit without succes with it showing up in the efile manager I checked on irs.gov and wheres your refund and it showed up there soooo I think its just a glitch on their end.

Comment

I had the same thing last night. It was showing the state return e-filed but not the Federal. Then I got an e-mail saying one of the two returns I was concerned about had been accepted by the IRS. I checked my online e-file manager this morning and both returns showed up.

Comment

Update to my efiling issues

We all seem to have been in the same boat...

I received a second email from their tech support, stating "during times of very high volume, a preparer's E-File experience may have a slow response and timeouts because there are many customers checking status at the same time."

I have no problem with that scenario, but it did bother me a bit that (at least yesterday) they were sending out erroneous messages about NO federal returns received, much less accepted/rejected....and then mixing in a bit of "Are you sure you know what you are doing??" via support email messages.

IMHO: I was not having a slow response/timeout problem but rather a "you're not being up front with me!!!" problem. There is a distinct difference!

FWIW, I did resubmit the federal only returns last night (and the e-file manager again showed nada!), and this morning I was greeted with x number of federal returns accepted as well as x number of federal returns not processed because they had already been accepted.

I'll just write it off as a bad day in the world of 'puters. My experience with TaxACT has generally been excellent, but I did get a bit of a distaste in my mouth the way things were handled yesterday.

FE

Comment

Working...
            X