Is it me or do K1's suck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it me or do K1's suck?

I have been getting more K1's sold by brokers for partnerships this year than since the 80's. I know it must be the great investment oppurtunity. My problem is the codes are very difficult to interpet particularly with foreign transactions.

That's all I have to say about that.
    Last edited by veritas; 04-12-2006, 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling

Guess you had to stop yourself.

Let's sing a song to all the great (and maybe not so great) investors.

Comment

K-1s

I consider myself pretty good with 1065 K-1s, but you are right, they are getting pretty difficult and I don't know how the IRS is going to match up some of the K-1s I have seen this year.

I believe the K-1 problems are starting at the partnership preparers, not knowing how to report items(s), so they throw them into OTHER catagories and print a sentence explaining what they can. So instead of them doing the research, we are forced to do the research from the one line sentence........
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

No problems

My software does a great job with K-1 inputs. There are some items that are not line items in the K-1 screen, but I know where they go.
        I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Ok Matt try putting this in your computer

Form 1065 K1

line 16

B 35,436
          F 5,099
          G 6,450
          H 35,142
          K 4,213
          M 618

Comment

Working...