2012 Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2012 Password

I received my TaxBook yesterday. It gives me a new password for this board. How do I enter that. I did try the area that asked for my current password and new password; I used the passwords from last year's Book and this year's respectively. It says my password is incorrect. I clicked on the link for resetting, and it just returned me to the previous page that already failed. Now what?

Your password does not change for this board. The password you choose years ago is still good. The password from the inside front cover of your book is for the Edit Profile section under My Settings. That profile is to prevent non-TTB users from coming on this board and registering. Form time to time, TTB makes all of us update our profile for this new password in case we decide to no longer be TTB customers. You were probably trying to edit your personal password when it told you it was incorrect.

Comment

Accessing Tax Book thru Drake

I can access the Tax Book through Drake software, but I have not received any kind of password that enables me to access the same information without going through Drake.

I'm not sure I made the right decision in renewing from Drake rather than direct with The Tax Book.

Comment

That explains it, Bees. I found the password I was concerned about by using your directions. I had a really old one there, not 2011. I put in the 2012 password, so I should be good for a couple more years before I have to find it again!

Comment

Originally posted by taxxcpa View Post
          I can access the Tax Book through Drake software, but I have not received any kind of password that enables me to access the same information without going through Drake.

I'm not sure I made the right decision in renewing from Drake rather than direct with The Tax Book.

If you have access to the WebLibrary through Drake, go to the WebLibrary home page where all of the different tabs are listed. At the top of the list where it says 1040 Edition – 2012 Tax Year, the next link below it says 1040 Edition Front Cover / Inside cover.

Click on the inside front cover and you will see the 2012 password at the top of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
            Click on the inside front cover and you will see the 2012 password at the top of the page.
            I tried it and got this message:
            Sorry, unrecognized username or password. Have you forgotten your password?
            Is there also some new user name I need to log in?
            I get in all right if I go in through Drake software.

Comment

Originally posted by taxxcpa View Post
              I tried it and got this message:
              Sorry, unrecognized username or password. Have you forgotten your password?
              Is there also some new user name I need to log in?
              I get in all right if I go in through Drake software.
              I believe if you purchased your access to TTB WebLibrary through Drake software, that is how you must access the library. I don't know for sure, so you might try calling customer support and asking them if there is a way to get in without going through Drake. Other than the Web Library, or the CPE testing site, all other passwords to this message board and the online updates are from that password you see on the inside front cover of TTB.

Comment

i have a client that purchased her personal residence for 160,000 then turned it into a rental property 9 years later the housing market dropped so the rental was only worth 70,000
                in 2019 she sold the rental for 140,000 (housing market increased) since i used 70,000 as the basics is there any way i can use the original purchase price of 160,000

Comment

Basis for a loss is $70,000 (minus depreciation).
                  Basis for a gain is $160,000 (minus depreciation).

So depending on the amount of depreciation, it looks like you either have a gain OR you have NO gain/loss.

Comment

Working...
                  X