new withholding tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new withholding tables

Has anyone seen new 2013 withholding tables that are not based on percentage? I still like looking at the amount and going over to the exemption column.

not done yet

The tables are probably not done yet. Congress hadn't decided on rates, so IRS pubs will be delayed.
    From what I see, Jan 1,2013 IRS released the percentage tables. The other tables will come along later.

IR-2013-1, Jan. 3, 2013 — The IRS released updated income-tax withholding tables for 2013 reflecting this week’s changes by Congress.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the table have not changed for those making under 400,000.

Comment

Does the IRS still publish those booklets with pages and pages of tables? I haven't seen one for years, but then I don't do any payrolls for anybody.

As others have noted the percentage tables were released by the IRS (on January 3, 2013), and they are about the same as last year's except for two differences: (1) The new 39.6% bracket that kicks in at about $400k for single or $450k for married, and (2) the slightly higher personal exemptions and standard deductions levels for 2013 compared to 2012. There may also be a small COLA adjustment to the tax brackets themselves, but I don't yet know if that was part of the recent legislation, or if the brackets were left the same as they were in 2012.

The IRS has announced that employers can use the 2012 withholding rates until February 15, 2013. Anyone who does will be overwithholding slightly by doing so.
        Roland Slugg
        "I do what I can."

Comment

Yes,

Originally posted by Roland Slugg View Post
          Does the IRS still publish those booklets with pages and pages of tables? I haven't seen one for years, but then I don't do any payrolls for anybody...
          they still do. I order a few every year for my clients who do their own payroll.

Call 800-829-3676 and they'll mail you a some in a week or so. Only thing, the 2013 models aren't out yet, so if you do call make sure you ask for the 2013 Publication 15 (they'll backorder and mail when available) or they'll send you the old 2012 books (why, I don't know).

Comment

FYI the MERRIT CHARTS company in NJ has an excellent booklet of the Fed wihholding tables the sell which included PA and NJ state and Phila. city.

Comment

Working...
            X