TRUE or FALSE??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jainen
    Not only did John of PA leave out any mention of support or household costs or other household members, he did not even state that the girlfriend had no income.

Originally posted by John of PA
    She is 24 and has no earnings, and lived the entire year with him
    I think he was clear on those points. No earnings....lived the entire year with him. If she has no earnings, how can she support herself, or contribute anything to the household costs?

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees
      I think he was clear on those points. No earnings....lived the entire year with him. If she has no earnings, how can she support herself, or contribute anything to the household costs?
      She could be paying for things out of her savings. If you put it into savings it doesn't count as money used for your support, so when you take it out of savings it does count as support.

Comment

So what happen is............

I finally told him to come by with his Laptop and I will show him where Turbo Tax is giving an incorrect result. His reply was "Hey, your the expert, that OK, if you say I can't go H of H then I just won't." Thanks for you help guys. Now lets go be at our best and shine these last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis V
          She could be paying for things out of her savings. If you put it into savings it doesn't count as money used for your support, so when you take it out of savings it does count as support.
          The amount he spends on her support could still be more than the amount she takes out of savings. His eyes could be blue, and hers green. He might like Jazz and she prefer heavy metal.

Do we need to consider every last detail before we come to a conclusion? Do you ask every client all 1.2 million questions that could affect the outcome of his or her taxes? Or do you assume things like those two questions at the bottom of Schedule B don't apply to any of your clients, even though you have never once asked them those questions?

Comment

little detail

I ask all the questions that are on the organizer, plus more detailed ones depending on their answers. I certainly ask questions about who supports whom, the little detail missing in this thread.

Comment

Standard Miles

Facts:

Tax payer lives in town A. Self employedTaxy payer works in town B. The distance is 50 miles.

TP stops at Walmart to buy supplies on the way to her self employment job 50 miles away. From walmart to work is now deductible correct?

TP gets to work at 8:00am and then at 9:30 leaves to pick up an employee who does not have a car and goes back to work with employee. Is the milesage to pick up employee and return to work deductible?

On the return from work to Town A if she stops to drop the mail on the way home the mail box to the home is deductible travel correct?

Any other mileage tips???

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X