Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro-Series FX by CCH

Hello All:

Anybody use this software? Can you give me any estimate as to which version you use and price?

Kurly

Do you mean Pro-System FX by CCH?

Comment

I use ProSystem fx by CCH. I buy it as Pay-Per-Return, so not easy to pull out my total costs for a tax season; renewal costs happen this fall with the pay per return and efile costs next winter. At least $4,800.

I love the software, though. It's worth every penny I pay. The support is fantastic. I don't prepare a lot of returns, but they do get complex with multiple states, hundreds/thousands of trades, lots of K-1s, kiddy tax, etc.

If you prepare only Forms 1040, the pay per return can really keep your costs down. I prepare a bunch of entities also, so have to "license" each entity prior to pay per return. Your salesperson should work with you to find the least costly method for you. (When I started, I got a 50% discount for three years as a small business just going out on my own priced on buying unlimited for everything I needed based on my projections. After a season, my salesman reworked the figures for what I actually prepared, and the pay per return option saved me a bit more so I switched to that.) Once you're a customer, you get 20% off additional products, such as Site Builder web sites or IntelliConnect research materials.

I'm attending their User Conference in November so might not be on this board for a few days. But, I'll be glad to answer any questions when I'm around

Comment

Working...
      X