Renewal of PTIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewal of PTIN

I just renewed my PIIN on line with no difficulties. Today I think is the first day to be able to do that.

Thanks for the info. I just renewed. Now I don't have to try to remember.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Thanks for the "heads up" on PTIN renewal!

I also went online tonight and renewed my PTIN, the site seemed better able to accomodate than last year - however, "hung up on my payment"

My Log In showed renewed and no payment confirmation , and took a few minutes, and received a Payment Confirmation via email - so I would hope all is good!

Sandy

Comment

Mine did the exact same thing. I went back into the IRS website and it says I'm not renewed and they are awaiting payment but I have the email that says I've paid. Very weird. The IRS website says my payment was sent. I'll check my bank tonight to see if payment actually hit my credit card and we'll see.
        Last edited by Roberts; 10-18-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

It took exactly 4 minutes to go through the whole process including confirmation
          Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

One nice thing about this renewal, besides it being easier, is when you get the e-mail verifying your renewal, you get a nice small wallet-sized card that you can have easy access to when you have to provide your PTIN at CPE conferences you attend.

I laminated mine and put it with my EA card.
            Jiggers, EA

Comment

Update: Got an email today with the letter and card mentioned above saying my PTIN is renewed. The website is no longer asking me to pay. Cleared up all by itself.

Comment

I thought I would post this, in hopes of helping others having the same problem I'm having.

After 2 days and 4 calls to the IRS to resolve this PTIN mess, the last gal told me the reason I am and others are having trouble is that last year email addresses WERE associated with our accounts, but for some reason their system DIS-associated the email addresses with some of our accounts, preventing us from getting into our accounts to do online renewal. So, 7-10 days I’ll receive detailed instructions on getting back in.

It's been frustrating for me seeing all of you complete this process in 3-4 minutes!!

Comment

Working...
                X