Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CD ROM Forms Services: Fill in forms: What's out there? STF? CFS? ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD ROM Forms Services: Fill in forms: What's out there? STF? CFS? ???

I have been using the STF Superforms CD forms service for many years and really like it. Bloomburg just bought them out and thier first order of business was a substantial price increase. Does anyone use the CFS Fill in forms service, how do you like it, are you aware it is now web based and they no longer will be shipping CD's. Has anyone had trouble with speed with web based forms, or not being able to get in? Are there any other compeitior forms services out there that anyone has had any experience with. Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

John,

I've used CFS Tax Tools for years and like them very much. They have every form imaginable and a bunch of extra modules for add'l cost. My needs are very small, so I can renew every other year and I paid $159 at the end of 2011. I do the download from their website (I haven't gotten their CD in years).

Comment

Drake Softwaare

has every form I have ever needed. Of course that's probably not a reason to change software companies if lack of fillable forms is the only deficiency you find in your current tax software package. I only mention it because I thought you already used Drake having switched from Lacerte prior to this last tax season. Am I mis remembering?

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
        has every form I have ever needed. Of course that's probably not a reason to change software companies if lack of fillable forms is the only deficiency you find in your current tax software package. I only mention it because I thought you already used Drake having switched from Lacerte prior to this last tax season. Am I mis remembering?
        Hi Erchess,

CFS Tax Tools has forms, but also tons of assorted worksheets for all of us, all sorts of nice worksheets for clients, etc. So many items (too numerous to mention here) that a person would find most helpful in many situations we encounter.

Comment

Agreed

I used the product for a year or two but I had only a couple clients with whom I needed anything Drake didn't have and for those I found that what the IRS or other free sources had was sufficient. Of course, one day I hope to be sufficiently slammed that I won't have time to hunt for worksheets and when that day comes I will go back to CFS. I really like the company - if money were no object I would have their Forms, Tax Tools, and Schedule D Tools that I know of. Right now the requisite money in the budget is not there.

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
            I used the product for a year or two but I had only a couple clients with whom I needed anything Drake didn't have and for those I found that what the IRS or other free sources had was sufficient. Of course, one day I hope to be sufficiently slammed that I won't have time to hunt for worksheets and when that day comes I will go back to CFS. I really like the company - if money were no object I would have their Forms, Tax Tools, and Schedule D Tools that I know of. Right now the requisite money in the budget is not there.
            It is a nice product. I didn't know you had used the product in the past when I posted. I find that I have little need for most of it, but I do find stuff there that is most helpful, like the sales tax report for the state and recently I needed a solution to a basis nightmare for some stocks a client owned and Sandy introduced me to the basis worksheet that I was unfamiliar with. That sure made short work of that mess!

Comment

Going back to the original post which was regarding "fillable" forms as in CFS Fill N Print - that is a different product than CFS Tax Tools, or CFS Small Business Tools. Tax Tools and Small Business only have a very small "array" of fillable forms, and yes those provided mostly suit our needs.

CFS Fill N Print - has all or most all Federal Forms and then you can sign up for one state or multiple state. So there is a back catalog of forms if required of almost all forms, and you can save to a Data Base. - It really is an awesome tool/Product, if you have a large need in your practice.

I like the product, but I did discontinue about 2 years ago with being able to access PDF online and fill in. Fill N Print use to supply a 1099 form but I bellieve that is now not available, as CFS as a separate program .

John of PA, I have not worked with the CFS new design that is web based, I have always had the CD's to install

However, I do like CFS Products and still continue to subscribe to Tax Tools, Small Business and W-4 Calcs.

Sandy
              Last edited by S T; 09-28-2012, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
                Going back to the original post which was regarding "fillable" forms as in CFS Fill N Print - that is a different product than CFS Tax Tools, or CFS Small Business Tools. Tax Tools and Small Business only have a very small "array" of fillable forms...
                John,

I guess I did not understand your question and I apologize for going on and on about CFS. It's pretty bad when a person gets to a point in life where they can't read and comprehend a simple sentence or two!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your input. Yes I have switched to Drake from Lacerte for tax prep and really like it. I found STF Superforms most vaulable for state payroll forms and state inheritince tax forms (which Drake would not have, I assume). CFS told me over the phone they don't have some of the state forms I use until the last release of the CD late in the year. Looks like I may be stuck with STF Superforms but I'm still looking. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                  X