• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone read this

already from the web:

rfk

No I dont read accounting today

or anything else that puts links to information as opposed to information itself in my inbox. I unsubscribe as quickly as they come in. I don't care who the email appears to be from I will not click a link in an email.

Comment

Overkill

Originally posted by erchess View Post
      or anything else that puts links to information as opposed to information itself in my inbox. I unsubscribe as quickly as they come in. I don't care who the email appears to be from I will not click a link in an email.
      Well, useful "information" can certainly be sent via a link versus a long cut/paste or an attachment.

So I guess this means you also delete the incoming emails from TTB, which routinely contain numerous links???

(The most recent email from them was sent on 08/29/2012)

FE

Comment

I even got a shout out by name in the article

Most of the quotes came from several discussion threads in the various Tax groups on Linkedin. I learn a lot by participating in these groups and message boards like this.

Question is, how many of may fellow EAs are going to take the RTRP test? I'm waiting at this point. Not because of the test, that will be cake, but because of the conflicting info about certification rules for dual holders and the conflicting rules about advertising for the different designations.

Kathy

Comment

No detail on the link

I won't take the time to open a link if there is no description or brief detail of what the link is about.

I didn't click on the link either.

If there was a brief description of what the link is about, I might have opened it. If the brief description isn't something I am not interested in, I won't open it then.

Don't have lots of time to open a link, read whatever the link is about, and then decide that I am not interested and just wasted valuable time.
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by KathMorgan View Post
            Question is, how many of may fellow EAs are going to take the RTRP test? I'm waiting at this point. Kathy
            Quote: The enrolled agent is the most expansive license IRS grants a tax professional

Are those my words? No - they are the words from IRS publication 4693A. Why an EA would now take the RTRP exam is beyond me. Why step down when EAs have unlimited rights to practice and RTRPs don't? Why go for the junior license when you already have the senior license? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

"it makes little sense for IRS to promote EAs" was a comment in the article. In fact, a couple of examples to show the IRS is promoting the EA credential - the publication (titled Enrolled Agent) cited above was just published in 2012. The grid for taxpayers on the IRS website (http://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals...r-Requirements) explaining the differences in all types of preparers lists enrolled agent at the top of the grid.

Comment

well said, Frank. Completely in agreement.
              ChEAr$,
              Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
              X