Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxwise

Originally posted by RLymanC
    I notice that Universal Tax Systems "TaxWise" is no where to be found in the above posts.

Just curious.
    I used Taxwise one season, but didn't like the format. It wasn't laid out like a 1040 and I missed that. On the plus side, it had an outstanding error-checking system. All omissions showed up in the color red on the screen. Impossible to overlook anything.

Comment

TaxSlayer Pro

On the other hand TS Pro is laid out according to the 1040 design. Errors and warnings are always highlighted in red. A very fine program.

Comment

Drake Software

I have been using Drake since the 1993 Tax Year filing season. I switched over from BEST when they went belly-up during the tax season.

While not 100% great, it is the best that I have been able to come up with that fits my business. Price has remained the same since I renewed the first time!

They have the best e-filing system that is very easy for this lack-of-computer-knowledge challenged person.

In fact, they entire software is easy to use.

However, their instruction book is sorry. They have received many complaints on this.

They have other minor problems. I review all software each year, and still stick with Drake.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          So you only want to do returns that were extended to October?

What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            What do you mean?
            None of the packages are perfect right out of the box. Even if the programers could have everything done the day after a law change, there would still need to be updates.

Comment

TaxslayerPro

I too use Taxslayer Pro and have since I started my own business. I tried several programs but I liked Taxslayer best. Like Ken said, it is so user friendly.

One thing that I especially appreciated was the lack of useless statements and extra sheeets of paper the program spits out. Some programs you end up with 25 sheets for a simple return. You have the option to print whatever you want, but the default is for the forms you need. You really save on the amount of paper you have to buy.

Support is on the ball. Questions are answered quickly and they will make changes in the program during the year as needed. You don't have to wait until next year for improvements.

But I also agree with what the others have said. You have to find the one that suits your needs the best. But I would really suggest that you give Taxslayer a try to see if it meets your needs. You can't beat the price either.

Linda F

Comment

Software choices

I've used Drake for 5 years now and can agree that it gets better every year. This year they are focusing on the interface and the improvements look promising. Their web board has pics of the new layout, don't know if non-subscribers can access it, but the url is: http://www.drakesoftware.com/

And the price is great for e-filers!! Updates are necessary for all of the programs, and Drake gets them out to the users fast via on-line transmissions that are automatic when you e-file returns.

Daniel
                "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X