RTRP Test Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTRP Test Results

I took the RTRP exam last Thursday and got my results today. Took less than a week and am glad it's done.

I have to wait for IRS's letter now to become bona fide and registered.

One observation: I think I may have put more study time in than needed. I don't recall that I had more than one question in what I consider my weak areas-basis, gains and losses. Remember though-tests are different throughout the Prometric testing areas.

I bought a $59 course from Wise Guides and I like the format of their studies. I learned a lot for myself personally from the guides, but not much was on the exam.. Not Wise's fault of course.

Good luck future exam takers.

Peachie

Originally posted by Peachie View Post
    I took the RTRP exam last Thursday
    Congratulations...especially since you tested on 2010 content, in the middle of doing 2011 returns!

Comment

Awesome

Congratulations!

And, what possessed you to take the exam during tax season???? I can't even get to the dumpster right now. I'm impressed.
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

Had to take it now.

My subscription was for a short time and I purchased it in December. I realized in March I only had about 30 days left. Since I do tax returns while the client waits, I was able to schedule appointments around my study times.

I decided since I was studying 2010 law, I had until March 30th. to get it done. I just chose the week before and decided I know what I know and just to do it. Fortunately, it all worked out.

Now, I'll really feel Registered when I get those certificates that the two of you are holding in your hot little hands :-)).

Peachie
        Last edited by Peachie; 03-29-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Congratulations!

I'm impressed that you did this in the middle of tax season, too! Sweet!
          "I am proud to pay taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half the money." Arthur Godfrey

Comment

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Comment

Good for you, thanks for sharing. Wondered how hard the tests would be.

Comment

Here's my take,

Supermom:

I don't know if the test was hard or if it played to my strengths. Although I felt quite knowledgeable, I still had no idea what I would be confronted with. Someone else taking the same test may not share my feelings. I felt confident when I left I had passed since there were hardly any basis or gains and losses questions to make my head hurt :-)).

Are you planning to take the test soon or are you an EA?

Peachie

Comment

Congrats!

Got an email today and saw where you will get results when you finish the test. Going to start that after April 16.

On a side note although I am a Enrolled Agent I may still take the RTRP Test. Still thinking about it.

Comment

Dany is there a reason

you may take the RTRP exam since your credentials are much higher? Maybe the more credentials-the better? I'm curious.

Peachie

Comment

Well there was another post on Enrolled Agents taking the RTRP exam. It got me to thinking that it might be a good idea to add it to my list of credentials. Especially if the IRS will be advertising it heavily. Not many people know what an Enrolled Agent is... although the IRS should advertise it more.

Comment

That makes sense

Never hurts to cover all bases. As an EA, I am sure the exam will be a breeze for you.

Comment

I think the IRS could have simplified this plus saved money.

As I posted on another thread, I think the IRS could have simplified this plus saved money pertaining to the RTRP. Part 1 (1040 related/individual) and Part 3 Rules and Regs VS. creating new exam. Call the designation "Enrolled Preparer". The IRS could have saved a bundle and the public would have not been so confused. As another board said, the IRS should "give" all EA's the current RTRP certificate w/o any testing. Obviously the EA's have proved it by passing all 3 exams via closed book. I am also considering the RTRP exam due to the fact the RTRP #'s are projected to extremely out number the EA's.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
                            As I posted on another thread, I think the IRS could have simplified this plus saved money pertaining to the RTRP. Part 1 (1040 related/individual) and Part 3 Rules and Regs VS. creating new exam. Call the designation "Enrolled Preparer". The IRS could have saved a bundle and the public would have not been so confused. As another board said, the IRS should "give" all EA's the current RTRP certificate w/o any testing.
                            Those are both great ideas, though personally I think the EA version of Part 3 should be made both more abstract and more difficult. Memorizing various penalties or who in the government initiates actions to suspend preparers doesn't seem like the best measure of a person qualified to practice.

Comment

Working...
                            X