S-Corp Final K-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-Corp Final K-1

Shareholder given shares from "old shareholder" as of January 1, 2011. Stock certificates were signed over.

Double checking, I believe I need to do a final K-1 for the old shareholder showing 0 and mark final for 2011. Is that correct?

S-Corp Final K-1

How about a 1099-DIV for liquidating "old shareholder's" distribution amount?
    Then shareholder has to report Form 8949 to report basis.
    Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

If no money changed hands and the stock certificates were just signed over how is that handled?

Comment

I agree with the final K-1 for the liquidating shareholder. However, Uncle Sam may be correct as well, and the final K-1 would not be zero (I am assuming on Line 1?) if he had income in 2011. Not sure where you were indicating the zero would be.

Comment

Well the stock certificate was signed over on January 1, 2011. I looked back and there was no income or expenses on that exact date. So to me there would be no income to the old shareholder. So 0 on line 1 for income. Unless I have to do that split year thing that the shareholders agree to... hoping since it was the first of the year would not have to do that.

Comment

Sorry, I misread. I was thinking 1/1/2012!

Comment

Working...
            X