extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

extensions

how is everybody sending in extensions this year? i use to take to IRS and get it stamped but i believe they stopped doing that. doyou guys trust your software to send it in or .....certify mail?

Electronically

Originally posted by ardi600 View Post
    how is everybody sending in extensions this year? i use to take to IRS and get it stamped but i believe they stopped doing that. doyou guys trust your software to send it in or .....certify mail?
    any other way is a waste of time.

Comment

how do you

do that? using the software or is there any other way?

Comment

Agree

Rockin the e-filed extensions here, too.

Add the 4868, then click "Create E-file". At least, that's what I recall for ATX.
        If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

I have efiled them since the IRS began allowing it. You get an acknowledgment just like when you file a return
          Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I used to take to IRS too. (They were down at the end of the hall - convenient.) First, they quit giving me a copy. (Privacy act, etc.) Like I was getting privileged information? I was giving it to them, for heaven's sake. So I made my own copy so they could stamp both. Then they quit doing that. So then I mailed every year at post office. This year I e-filed. Sent 4 out today. Very nice, once I got the hang of the software idiosyncrasies.

Comment

Use the (efile) force!

Originally posted by veritas View Post
              any other way is a waste of time.
              ...and more or less primitive to boot!

Let your software do it, and if there is a balance due have the amount debited (you cannot pick a date - assume 04/17/2012?) from the client's bank account. Problem completely solved. With an acknowledgement from IRS. And no USPS/IRS personnel matters to endure.

Form 8878 can do wonders!!

Side question: This is not even March 15th and you are already sending out extensions??? I'm not quite ready to punt yet except on an absolute basket-case return!

FE

Comment

I began filing extensions Mar 10. Many of those returns will still get completed before Apr 15, but by making the extension decision up front, I don't find myself wasting valuable time explaining why we need to get an extension on Apr 10. I believe effective use of extensions keeps me in control of the process. It sure helps make Apr 10-15 a much less stressful time, and Apr 15 itself is just another routine work day (Apr 17 this year).
                Last edited by JohnH; 03-14-2012, 09:13 PM.
                "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I'm a Believer

I used to be allergic to filing extensions because most of the folks I relied on for advice hated them. Not anymore. They can afford to split Phoenix in the hot summer and don't want to be bothered. Not me. I file extensions early and often. I'm a believer.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

remember everyone corporate

returns are due tomorrow. that the extensions i am sending in.

Comment

That's what I was talking about. Ones I sent yesterday were all S-Corps.

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
                        Thank-you! Gave that the full 2:36 it deserves.

Comment

R.I.P. Davy......

Comment

I always file electronically......you get your acknowledgement. Then you know it has been received.

Linda, EA

Comment

Working...
                            X