One Profession 2 Sch C's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Profession 2 Sch C's

I have a hairdresser that works for someone else where they pay chair rent, also has a salon in their home. Does anyone think I could combine this on one Sch C? I currently have it on two separate Sch C's with one showing a profit (working outside) and the other (working at home) showing a loss. My first thought is that it has to be kept separate. I would interested in hearing some other ideas, Thank You

Originally posted by LawrenceGR
    I have a hairdresser that works for someone else where they pay chair rent, also has a salon in their home. Does anyone think I could combine this on one Sch C? I currently have it on two separate Sch C's with one showing a profit (working outside) and the other (working at home) showing a loss. My first thought is that it has to be kept separate. I would interested in hearing some other ideas, Thank You
    First of all it is the same type of business. So 1 Sch C would suffice ; however if she is claiming OIH it would tend to make it suspicious.If there is no worksation claimed at home then I would use 1 Sch C.
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

I forgot to mention they will be taking OIH so I guess I better keep it as is. Thanks Brian

Comment

Originally posted by LawrenceGR
        I forgot to mention they will be taking OIH so I guess I better keep it as is. Thanks Brian
        Isn't office in the home limited to the profit of the business? You said the home business was a loss so there would be no deduction for OIH.

Comment

That's why I would like to combine them

I have given this some more thought. If she is an indepedent contractor perhaps it doesn't matter where she works. That is to say if she does some work in another saloon and some in her own saloon she is still doing the work and it all has to go on a Sch C anyway.

Comment

1 Sch C will do the job
            Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Working...
            X