Do the words...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the words...

"Just one little question" bug the heck right out of you right as you hit the print button?

I have been dealing with these clients since Feb. Nice couple but...
    At first they needed their taxes done right away to purchase a house. Of course they didn't have all the information needed to complete, like their 3 month old daughters social security number.
    Told them all their options. Needed the return in 2 days. Had everything good to go......Oh low and behold didn't need the return done to purchase (3rd) house.

Sat on the dang return until tonight when they were coming in with daughters ss#. And they brought their cousin in so I could do his return with them here so they could translate.
    Okay fine, but now the cousin has dependents in Mexico and he lived in Michigan for part of the year and IL for the rest of the year.
    Any way to make a long story short...a quick appointment turned out to be a 3 hour event and man did that kick my butt..... Too late at night and too late in the season for this crap.

Okay, I am done, just needed to vent to others who understand the frustration.

Hope the language wasn't too much.... I tried to change all the swear words I originally had in here. Hope I didn't miss any.
    Noel
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."- Oscar Wilde

A firm policy

I've tried to implement a new policy this year. When someone asks a question that can not possibly be answered in a few well chosen phrases, I suggest another appointment time to discuss the issue. (I think I got this idea from ST?) Anyway, it really cuts the stress level.

I would tell you about the new policy for people who have lousy records and want to incorporate, but I can't talk about it now without getting upset, so I'll save that for our summer board.

JG
    JG

Comment

Working...
    X