Where to mail 1040V payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to mail 1040V payments

Okay, where do you have clients mail their 1040V and payment if you have electronically filed the return?

I have been telling them to mail it to P O Box 105017 Atlanta Ga 30348-5017. Well, I'm in Florida so that is where we mail them.

But the envelope that comes with their estimated vouchers says "If you are filing electronically, do not use this envelope". So does that mean they just want you to use your own envelope? or Does it mean the address will be different?

Only IRS can make something as simple as mailing them money so complicated.

Linda F

Originally posted by Linda F
    Okay, where do you have clients mail their 1040V and payment if you have electronically filed the return?

I have been telling them to mail it to P O Box 105017 Atlanta Ga 30348-5017. Well, I'm in Florida so that is where we mail them.

But the envelope that comes with their estimated vouchers says "If you are filing electronically, do not use this envelope". So does that mean they just want you to use your own envelope? or Does it mean the address will be different?

Only IRS can make something as simple as mailing them money so complicated.

Linda F
    Go to irs.gov and print the different addresses and use them
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Did that

Went to irs.gov and tax professionals, where to file, etc. When you click 1040V, it tells you where to send for international clients.

And instructions for 1040 say when sending payment WITH return.

Linda F

Comment

Vochers & ES

The address you list for 1040V is correct

1040ES goes to

Internal Revenue Service
        PO Box 105225
        Atlanta, GA 30348-5225
        Confucius say:
        He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda F
          Went to irs.gov and tax professionals, where to file, etc. When you click 1040V, it tells you where to send for international clients.

And instructions for 1040 say when sending payment WITH return.

Linda F
          Go to where to file in
          The first line of the address should be: Internal Revenue Service

If your CLIENT lives in FLORIDA ...

and you are filing a Form ... and you ARE NOT ENCLOSING A PAYMENT, then use this address ... and you ARE ENCLOSING A PAYMENT, then use this address ...
          Atlanta, GA
          39901-0002 P.O. Box 105017
          Atlanta, GA 30348-5017
          1040A
          Atlanta, GA
          39901-0015
          P.O. Box 105017
          Atlanta, GA 30348-5017

1040EZ
          Atlanta, GA
          39901-0014
          P.O. Box 105017
          Atlanta, GA 30348-5017

1040-ES
          N/A
          P.O. Box 105225
          Atlanta, GA 30348-5225
          1040-ES(NR)
          N/A P.O. Box 80102
          Cincinnati, OH 45280-0002
          1040V
          N/A P.O. Box 105017
          Atlanta, GA 30348-5017

1040-X
          Atlanta, GA 39901 Atlanta, GA 39901
          Atlanta, GA 39901-0002 P.O. Box 105050
          Alanta, GA 30348-5050

florida
          Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Mailing Addresses

Linda, except for this year, I have always printed labels for mailing different types of returns etc for Florida. This year I did not; and it was a nuisance to do them as needed. Next year I will not make the same mistake. There are different addresses for preparer preprared returns and also for the different types of returns with and without checks enclosed, for estimated payments, for 1040X returns and payments. I have found the quickest way to get to these mailing addresses is thru Google.

Good luck with your late clients.

Comment

I use Drake and the software prints the address on the unused upper portion of the voucher. Maybe make a suggestion to your software co for 2007. It is a pain with so many addresses and then they change them every year.

Bucky

Comment

Software

Actually there are addresses at the top of the 1040V and I guess I should have accepted that they had the correct addresses in the program.

But it is the same address so I was just doublechecking.

Thanks

Linda F

Comment

1040V Addresses

Darn it, you guys are correct. I usually check the address for my clients. Why did I not think to look before for the address to type the labels. Dumb me.

I like to give my clients, a self-addressed, stamped envelop, to emphasize the quality service that I offer them. Most of them are impressed.
                  Last edited by Chief; 03-30-2006, 04:08 PM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Linda V -- Mailing Addresses

Linda:

I just noticed that we have in Tax Slayer Pro 3-16 Mailing Addresses Choices of 5 federal mailing addresses and 9 state mailing addresses for the different type of returns. I really did not know these were there. Another example of the fine quality of Tax Slayer software.

Comment

OK, Guys, the mailing address thing seems so cut and dried (NOT); just consult the list, if you can find it, right? But I had this come up today, and thought I'd ask for your opinion. Taxpayer lives in one state and files to a particular service center. For 2005 his sister has POA and he uses her mailing address, as he's disabled and in a care facility. She lives in another state and would file to a different service center. Of course, the IRS address list says "If you LIVE . . . " blah blah blah file to this service center. So, do I use the address where he LIVES, or the address on his tax return, to determine correct service center? Thank you!

Comment

Mailing Address

BP:

Either address. Either way the IRS will get it. Then they can forward it.

Comment

Chief's right.

Originally posted by Chief
                          Either address. Either way the IRS will get it. Then they can forward it.
                          Of course we all want to do things the right way and send things to their proper addresses, but even if you don't get it right, the "failsafe" Chief quotes will rescue you. No matter what address you put on it, it's stamped as "Received" by whichever service center ends up with it. If it's the wrong one, it simply takes a little longer to get processed.

Next time you're at the post office, pick up a copy of a 2005 1040 booklet. They're usually laying out on a table for the public's convenience and the addresses for all areas is on the back cover of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief

I like to give my clients, a self-addressed, stamped envelop, to emphasize the quality service that I offer them. Most of them are impressed.
                            I think you're right about that. It's a good practice and the non-electronic filers are really grateful. Most software prints out that instruction sheet that simply tells customers to mail the fed/state returns to such-and-such address, but they are easily confused and they really appreciate the fact that we have their returns in IRS/AR envelopes, ready-to-go, needing only their signatures and maybe a check. It's the little personal touches that make people prefer you to the bulk-customer, mass-merchandising method of the chains.

They feel that you care.

Comment

1040v

Responding to "pick up 1040 book at P.O.": here in Phoenix, AZ, there are no booklets or forms available at post offices or libraries. At the TCE site where I work, we are bombarded with people wanting forms and we wind up doing their taxes free.

Comment

Working...
                              X