Reject code 9998

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reject code 9998

We have had 2 of these so far. As far as I can tell, it is SS# theft, and the TP has no clue until the return is rejected. I'm close to Tampa, one of the 9 fraud cities, but who really knows how far these criminals can reach, considering all of the phishing scams.

Other than that, I'm having a good season so far, and I hope y'all are also.
    If I'm wrong, please correct me, because I don't have the tax knowledge y'all have. Cheers!

admin@badfloridadrivers.com

What are these taxpayers to do

by way of filing their returns? I'm aware that they cannot rely on most of us for help with the rest of their identity theft problems and questions but surely I need to know what about their tax returns. I am thinking they would have to paper file and expect delays in getting any refund but none in cashing any check that comes in with the return.

Comment

I would call the efl hotline and ask them what the next step would be
      Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

Yes, they have to file a paper return. My immediate boss is an EA, and there is a form he has the client fill out that is sent with the return.
        If I'm wrong, please correct me, because I don't have the tax knowledge y'all have. Cheers!

admin@badfloridadrivers.com

Comment

Working...
        X