Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Fax Printer

My Brother 7820 died.
    What is a good all in one fax, printer, scanner.
    What do ya'll use.
    Thanks for any input.
    Red

When my Brother All in one died last year, a dealer recommended the MFC--8890W. I probably did not need the wireless connectivity, but am very happy that it is network ready.

I have several desktop printers and two laptops who can all print to it. It is a workhorse and so far seems as reliable as my old MFC 8600. It is good at paper handling and scans and copies automatically from two-sided to two-sided copies. I am not super thrilled with its envelope handling, but it is acceptable if you read the manual and change the setup in the rear of the machine before printing them in straight-through mode.

I use it as my fax and my backup scanner fro my Fujitsu fi-5530C.
    Doug

Comment

Fax printer

Take a look at Samsung Clx 3185 FW. Tiger COM USA has it on sale. I have a monocrom Samsung Laser been inused for 10 years and still going.

Comment

You didn't specify what sort of workload. I've used the Brother MFCs for years, both laser and ink-jet. I've been happy with them for the price, but always felt their software was unpolished.

Last upgrade, I replaced my Brother MFC with a Canon MX870, because of trouble getting the Brother to work with Windows 7. (I think that was the reason; it was a year ago.) I've been very happy with the MX870, but this is purely a home-use machine. It's much too small for any serious office work (except perhaps for sending faxes, occasional double-sided scanning, or if you want a cheap color option alongside high capacity b&w printers).

Comment

Working...
        X