PTIN renewal payment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PTIN renewal payment

Has anyone been able to send in the renewal payment for 2012. This is the message
    on the IRS web site today.

Effective October 13, the PTIN system is down for system upgrades while we prepare for renewal season. Check back after October 19. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ptin

Frequently Asked Questions: PTIN Renewal

1. When can I renew my PTIN for the 2012 filing season? (posted 6/9/11)

PTIN renewal is expected to be available later in October 2011. Check www.irs.gov/ptin for updates:

Effective October 13, the PTIN system is down for system upgrades while we prepare for renewal season. Check back after October 19. We apologize for the inconvenience.

NOTE: If you prepared returns for compensation in 2011, then you are required to obtain a PTIN by December 31, 2011. 2011 PTINs expire on December 31, 2011, and will need to be renewed for the 2012 season. If you will not begin preparing returns until 2012, or if you wish to renew your PTIN for 2012, you must wait until PTIN open season begins. The 2012 open season is expected to begin later in October.

New regulations require all paid tax return preparers to obtain a PTIN. Renewals for 2012 are expected to start in October 2011. In the future, some preparers will need to pass a competency test and background check, and take continuing education courses. Check back for more guidance soon.

Comment

Updated information

Originally posted by Lion View Post
      Frequently Asked Questions: PTIN Renewal

1. When can I renew my PTIN for the 2012 filing season? (posted 6/9/11)

PTIN renewal is expected to be available later in October 2011. Check www.irs.gov/ptin for updates:

NOTE: If you prepared returns for compensation in 2011, then you are required to obtain a PTIN by December 31, 2011. 2011 PTINs expire on December 31, 2011, and will need to be renewed for the 2012 season. If you will not begin preparing returns until 2012, or if you wish to renew your PTIN for 2012, you must wait until PTIN open season begins. The 2012 open season is expected to begin later in October.

New regulations require all paid tax return preparers to obtain a PTIN. Renewals for 2012 are expected to start in October 2011. In the future, some preparers will need to pass a competency test and background check, and take continuing education courses. Check back for more guidance soon.
      That's all kinda old news....we knew "October 15th" was coming.

Here is link where you can read current status of update process. I think it's a bit ironic the IRS tells everyone (via emails) to visit the web site for renewals and then the doggone thing is inoperable for at least a few days (around October 19th?).......

FE

Comment

What exactly is the purpose of renewing your PTIN every year? (other than collecting a specific tax) If you are an Enrolled Agent and thus licensed by the IRS, they have my criminal record and have done background checks on me so that's not the issue. If they wanted more money from me, just increase my fee every 3 years. Billing me every year for something that I already have seems onerous.

Comment

PTIN Clarification Renewal?

For one that has had a PTIN number in the past, is all that is required is the fee? No fingerprinting, background check, etc? Until 2013?

Comment

Ptin

PTIN is money only. RTRP will have other requirements.

Comment

IRS is protesting budget cuts

Comment

Why be in such a hurry to renew the PTIN? You have until December 31st *(I thinK)

If I were to die next week, that would be $60 something dollars NOT well spent.
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
                X