941 Forms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

941 Forms?

I've had four clients bring in 3rd quarter payroll info and state reporting forms, but so far nobody has brought in their preprinted 941 forms. Of course it's common to hear clients say "I never got it" when they misplace them, but four out of four's a bit much.

The usual IRS strategy to get everybody switched to E-filing things is to make forms scarce or discontinue sending them to taxpayers who have professionals do their reports.

I've got some blanks I can use just in case, but I'm curious. Anybody know if the IRS has quit mailing 941s to clients whose reports are done professionally? Or are you all getting yours?

I haven't used IRS forms or state forms in a while. Either my bookkeeping software prints them, or CFS Payroll module prints them.
    Jiggers, EA

Comment

Bart: I think IRS quit mailing them out a long time ago if the client submitted one prepared by software. But I don't recall seeing any sort of notice about it.

If you do need to prepare any by hand, the fillable pdf form provided by IRS is pretty handy.

"The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Yes, IRS stopped mailing them out effective Jan 1, 2010; or was it 2009?
        (Time sure flies when you're having fun!)

Each January I download a blank 941 form and save it in a specified subdirectory, "941".

Then when needed in April for a client I will fill out permanent information for that client and save it under client name+941.pdf. Thereafter I can call this one up and complete it for that particular quarter. And when printing it, only print first two pages if page 3 is not needed.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Thanks John,

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
          Bart: I think IRS quit mailing them out a long time ago if the client submitted one prepared by software. But I don't recall seeing any sort of notice about it.

If you do need to prepare any by hand, the fillable pdf form provided by IRS is pretty handy.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f941.pdf
          I do prepare them by hand but it just saves so much time if I can get the forms with the preprinted name and pedigree. Customers forget/lose them so often that I don't bother hounding them for it -- just xerox an old blank and go ahead on.

I just now checked the files though and, sure enough, all the 2011 forms I've done so far are ones that I printed in the stuff myself. However, the 2010 copies of both 941 and 940 were preprinted.

I'm kinda thinking IRS might have stopped the mailouts as of 12-31-10.

Comment

Working...
          X