2011 Schedule C draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Schedule C draft

The draft of Schedule C is out. Yyou must check a box indicating whether you were required to send in 1099 forms and if you have or are going to do so.
    I guess if you say I was required but am not doing so you should expect an audit.
    Also credit card and other third party payments of income must be stated separatly.

Link

Do you have a link to view this form?

Thanks,
    Superman

Comment

Here is the IRS site:

Also check the Schedules E and F for the 1099 questions.

And all the returns C, E, F, 1065, 1120, and 1120S require gross receipts to separate Credit Card receipts from other receipts.
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

Another link

Comment

Sch C info

Originally posted by superman View Post
          Do you have a link to view this form?

Thanks,
          Superman
          This was already posted a couple of threads down.........

Link to 2011 Schedule C (draft)

Link to 2011 Schedule C instructions (draft)

See page C-4 for answers to your question.

FE

Comment

I just wonder. What's the reason to separate credit card receipts from the other kinds of receipt? I would understand if they want to separate cash receipts from non-cash receipts. But what end would it serve to know the credit card receipts?

Comment

Form 1099-K

Because businesses will receive Forms 1099-K from their credit card processors and other third-party processors; the IRS also receives those forms and matches the amounts to amounts reported on tax returns.

Comment

I have a question regarding the 1099K reporting

On page 3 of the instructions under "Exception for de minimis payments - it states that a 3rd party settlement organization is required to report any information ----- only if

*the gross amount of total reportable payment transactions exceeds $ 20,000 AND
                * the total number of such transations exceeds 200

Can someone give me an example of "Third Party" Transaction?

I am not concerned about issuing 1099K forms, but rather the receipt of 1099K forms for one or two of my Biz Accounts.

Thanks,

Sandy

Comment

Originally posted by S T View Post
                  I have a question regarding the 1099K reporting

On page 3 of the instructions under "Exception for de minimis payments - it states that a 3rd party settlement organization is required to report any information ----- only if

*the gross amount of total reportable payment transactions exceeds $ 20,000 AND
                  * the total number of such transations exceeds 200

Can someone give me an example of "Third Party" Transaction?

I am not concerned about issuing 1099K forms, but rather the receipt of 1099K forms for one or two of my Biz Accounts.

Thanks,

Sandy
                  PayPal, I would presume.

People sell lots of stuff on e-Bay. While some are "garage sale" type stuff, others make it a business and not report any income.

This will help the states that are looking for sales tax. If a 1099-K is issued and reported on their 1040, and the related state return, I would bet that the state would then try to match up sales tax reports.
                  Jiggers, EA

Comment

Working...
                  X