SCorp + Fiscal + 8941 Health Inc Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCorp + Fiscal + 8941 Health Inc Credit

The credit is effective for tax years beginning after 2009. Clients fiscal year is 7-1-10 thru 6-30-11. There seems to be no info in the instructions regarding fiscal year filers. They DO meet the requirements for number of non-owner employees & wages paid.

Questions in my head:

1. Is the client eligible at all on this return? Seems like they are.

2. If they are, what period would the calculations (wages & premiums) be made on? 1-1 to 12-31 of 2010? or 7-1-10 to 6-30-11 (the fiscal year)? If the latter, what about the credit for the first 6 months of 2010? They wouldn't have been eligible for it on last year's return, because that tax year began in 2009. Right?

It doesn't feel like there should be a calendar year credit on a fiscal year return, but if not, then the credit for the first 6 months of 2010 seems to disappear.

I'm starting to feel like Vinnie Barbarino!

No thoughts on this?

Comment

The instructions use the phrase "tax year" repeatedly. Indeed, under "Employee hours of service" on page 2, first bullet, it says "employer's tax year." Does that answer the question?

Comment

I did see that, and it does seem to indicate that the calculation should be based on wages & premiums paid during the corp's tax year, ie: 7-1-10 thru 6-30-11.

I still find myself wondering about the credit for the first 6 months of 2010, that on the face of it, seems to be eligible for credit, except that it resides in the wrong (fiscal) tax year. I guess it's possible they'll pick it up on the other end.

I really do appreciate the feedback. I'll keep looking for any other info before I make a final decision.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X