Cancellation Of Debt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancellation Of Debt

Is it sufficient to just complete 1099C input screen declaring insolvency? I have assets and Liabilities (negative).
    Last edited by BOB W; 04-01-2011, 05:18 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Cancellation of Debt

You need to also complete a 982 - Reduction of Tax Attributes Due to Dischage of Indebtedness.

Comment

Originally posted by peggysioux View Post
      You need to also complete a 982 - Reduction of Tax Attributes Due to Dischage of Indebtedness.
      I reviewed that form but there is no balance sheet reporting proving Illiquidity. O'well.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Insolvency

UltraTax provides a solvency screen. I have the client provide me with the information to fill that screen out to determine insolvency.
        I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Sova View Post
          UltraTax provides a solvency screen. I have the client provide me with the information to fill that screen out to determine insolvency.
          How do I find it??? I have UT.

Nevermind>>>I found it... Thanks Matt
          Last edited by BOB W; 04-02-2011, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X