Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Date & sign form 8879 before Feb 14, 2011?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date & sign form 8879 before Feb 14, 2011?

I believe this may have already been discussed on the message board. For the TP's filing a Sch A, are you waiting to have the TP sign and date the form 8879 on Feb 14, 2011?

Originally posted by AZ-Tax View Post
    I believe this may have already been discussed on the message board. For the TP's filing a Sch A, are you waiting to have the TP sign and date the form 8879 on Feb 14, 2011?
    No, stockpiling is allowed, per IRS.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Cannot PostDate

I would have the 8879 signed concurrent with preparation and presentation to customer.

The delay has nothing to do with us or the client, and very little with the software which generates the 8879. If anyone is held accountable for the delay, let's let the blame fall where it should. IRS/Congress or whatever is REALLY responsible.

As discussed before on this forum, none of the issues Congress was haggling with in the dying days of December had anything to do with the Schedule A. I believe IRS was using this as an excuse to level out their processing load.

Comment

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
        No, stockpiling is allowed, per IRS.
        No it's not. However holding the returns in question has been defined as "not " stockpiling.

Comment

Working...
        X