Privacy Statement for Client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Privacy Statement for Client?

Software automatically prepares a privacy statement for each client. Are we required to include this in the client's return?

That is my understanding. I have always done so.

Comment

Privacy Statement

I have too but it would be one less piece of paper to print.

Comment

Originally posted by zeros View Post
        Software automatically prepares a privacy statement for each client. Are we required to include this in the client's return?
        Search "Gramm Leach Bliley" for your privacy policy requirements. Statement doesn't necessarily have to go with the tax return, but must be provided annually. Easier to do right along with the return.

Comment

Originally posted by BP. View Post
          Search "Gramm Leach Bliley" for your privacy policy requirements. Statement doesn't necessarily have to go with the tax return, but must be provided annually. Easier to do right along with the return.
          Yes,I agree, the only exception being is if you are a CPA.

Comment

Originally posted by Gretel View Post
            Yes,I agree, the only exception being is if you are a CPA.
            What do you mean? Are CPA's exempt from the Gramm Bleach liley bill?
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

This is what I heard. When it started they were not exempt but I think within a year they were exempted.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Already+covered:+CPAs+exempt+from+Gramm-Leach-Bliley+Act's+privacy...-a0155477159
              Last edited by Gretel; 01-21-2011, 03:56 PM. Reason: add content

Comment

Working...
              X