Reject Code 1199 - first time home buyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reject Code 1199 - first time home buyer

Just got a reject on a return, Code 1199. Our software didn't have a help for this error. This reject code is for the First Time Home Buyer Credit payback of $500 that starts this year. Can't file returns with this until mid February. I knew the payback started this year but wasn't sure about the 1199 reject code.

We didn't do this client's return the year they claimed the $7,500 credit, we asked about it and they said they didn't buy a house and get the credit.

Ask the client for their 2008 return to determine if the IRS is correct. The IRS might be wrong.

I filed a client's '09 return claiming the FTHB for a 3/10 purchase. The credit is NOT subject to the repayment. But, the client received an IRS FTHB credit repayment reminder letter in the fall.

It's not past the IRS to make a mistake.

Comment

Same here

Originally posted by rgtaxservice View Post
      Ask the client for their 2008 return to determine if the IRS is correct. The IRS might be wrong.

I filed a client's '09 return claiming the FTHB for a 3/10 purchase. The credit is NOT subject to the repayment. But, the client received an IRS FTHB credit repayment reminder letter in the fall.

It's not past the IRS to make a mistake.
      We had a client get in same letter in the same situation.

Comment

Working...
      X