No announcement yet.

Latest news on 1099 Forms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I asked the question at one of my tax update seminars and was told that using my Sch C EIN was probably ok. So that is what I'm going to do.

Comment

People Bustin My Chops

Also, what is up with sole proprietors being unwilling to put their individual NAME on line 1 of the W-9?

I guess cause they thought up that super-duper business name "Acme Curl Up & Dye" they wanna flaunt it.

I have had to call a dozen of these people this month.
      If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

And IRS will definitely bounce them back if the individual name isn't on the 1099-Misc with a Social Security number.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Yeah!

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
          And IRS will definitely bounce them back if the individual name isn't on the 1099-Misc with a Social Security number.
          And you and I will be handling the mismatch while sole proprietor Laverne Nadene is laying in the tanning bed and/or waxing something.
          Last edited by RitaB; 01-21-2011, 04:39 PM.
          If you loan someone $20 and never see them again, it was probably worth it.

Comment

EIN - No SS#

ID Theft really???? - Do you want to know how it works!? I can tell you! Unfortunately.

Someone used my SS# for 12+ YEARS! Police do NOTHING. Make a report - They do NOTHING! I made about 5 reports over the years.

Finally - 8/8/2008 - I was laid off - I received another job 20 days later - but in the mean time I went to NJ UnderEmployment where $22k showed up as wages from a restaurant and hour and a half north of me. Nope - Didn't work there!

It took a friend in the Secret Service to assist and get the Randolph NJ Police department to actually do something. That's a story in itself.

Bottom line - Mr. Diego Londono (name was not changed to protect anyone - He's an illegal alien that obviously has more rights than you and I combined) received a summons for obtaining a job in the city of Randolph with a false ID. Nothing else!!

I had creditors calling me daily for credit card accounts, store accounts, wireless accounts, and more.. It really was getting to be crazy...

He bought my SS# and card for $50 12 years ago..

Here's what's BAD! The NJ Division of Employment Services shows the wages. When the IRS and SS administration were contacted - THEY SHOW NOTHING!

When I pull my Credit profile -NOTHING!! How can that be? How can someone get credit using my SS# and another name not even close? It's insane I tell you.... but then do not have a problem calling me when he doesn't pay!

I SHRED EVERYTHING NOW. My SS# goes no where. period.
            Last edited by MAJ; 01-21-2011, 07:48 PM.
            Matthew Jones
            Tax Preparation
            Computer Consultant

Tax Season is here!
            Make sure everything is working, extra ink or toner is available, Advil in top drawer!

Comment

Working...
            X