Well, John warned us this could happen, so I am happy to report that I got it over with today. Just now in fact.

Client who is always late gives me his payroll figures for December this morning. I just submitted the payment online, and entered the wrong period. (Actually, I just didn't change the default from "March 2011".)

So, the payment is due the 18th, which means I can't cancel the payment and resubmit cause I don't have two business days.

What would you do? Call 1-800-555-4477? I did, and it's busy.

Compose a letter? What address would you use?

Forget it for now and hope it's after tax season when client gets the "your accountant screwed up" letter?