Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payroll Fees

I know this is subjective
    however, I am curious if ayone on the board across the US would like to share what their fee is for processing payroll?

Per payroll period say as in biweekly - fee charge for inputting and then extra charge for printing checks

Making EFT deposits for both Federal and State ( Inthis case Calif)

Preparing the New Hire Reports if CAlif

Quarterly reports for both and State

Answering State and or Federal garnishment notices and associated checks for garnishment payments

Cost of preparing W-2 forms per employee

Any sharing of fees would assist me greatly and I realize different states and number of employees will vary.

Thanks in advance for sharing if you provide these services

Sandy

I don't charge by the check. I find out how many employees, the manner that client will get the information ( the more organized, the less time I have to spend in the account), don't actually make the deposits, but make a worksheet for them to use when they call their deposit in. My average payroll client is billed @ 150.00 per month. That includes all quarterly reports, I don't do the new hire - I tell the client that they are responsible for that when they get the W-4 signed to forward that to the New Hire division. Then at year end, I make one additional charge for W-2 processing and End of Year reports. It is usually a little more than the monthly fee.

I generally get a feel for how much involvement the payroll will take, and pull the monthly fee from my head based on similar clients.

Hope this helps.
    Gary B., E.A.

Comment

Sent you a PM Sandy.

Comment

Would like more info if available

Thanks Gary for your input, gives me some good insight

Dany, received your PM and I will respond and toss some ideas around with you, as I know you are using QB

Forgot to add in my original post

Do any of you charge for preparing and meeting with Work Comp Auditors or talking with the Insurance Agency providing the Work Comp coverage? Supplying Payroll Journals, copies of the State Payroll Reports and/or the form 941's to verify -breaking down classifications by employees, overtime, obtaining the necessary forms for excluded sub-contractors, etc. ??

Sandy

Comment

Working...
        X