No automatic mailing of MN Form CRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No automatic mailing of MN Form CRP

I know that there are some MN Tax pros who frequent this site so I thought I'd pass on some info I learned this morning. In the past, the state used to send out blank copies of Certificate of Rent Paid (Form CRP) forms to tax pros. I had not gotten mine yet so I called the state. They said they changed policy this year and on mail them to certain landlords. You can not get this form at their website nor through their regular form ordering process. They are also not available at libraries nor banks.

They stated the landlords should call themselves and that the most forms they send out would be four. When calling the requestor should know what the county property ID number is in order to get the forms mailed.

I normally fill these out for my clients so just getting the blank forms is turned out to be a pain.

Upon further review

Someone pointed out to me that the CRP form IS available on the Dept of Revenue's website. It is just not where all the other forms are listed. So the employee of the MN was technically correct when he said it was not available under the forms section of their website. However if you go under the instructions tab at the MN site you will find the instructions for the CRP and the 3rd page of those instructions contains the CRP form itself.

Mike Mac

Comment

Working...
    X