Day Care Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Care Information

A client has a parent who threaten her to give her the w-10 or the information that she paid her. Does anyone know when that has to be provided to the parents as a day care provider? Does she have until Jan 31 or am I just assuming it is like W-2 and 1099 information. Does anyone know .
    Thanks

Probably no requirement

Since the W-10 is not a required form, my guess is that there is no mandated date to have it completed. The instructions on the 2441 say what to do if the taxpayer does not have the information that is on the W-10.

Comment

Day Care Info

I don't think that there is a requirement to provide anything other than the SS# or TIN.

I think the parents want that plus the dollar amount paid for day care since they didn't keep their own records.

Most Day Care facilities provide this as a service to their customers.
      Jiggers, EA

Comment

No Problem

The client has the paperwork done and the information to provide to the parents but this parent is being a jerk (nice word) and threatening her .She wants it now but since she is being the ------- - then she was going to hold on it a little longer. So was trying to find out is there a time frame to give to the parent. The parent TOLD her that she has to give it to her like RIGHT NOW and no if's ands, or buts. With the texting her several messages and a message on her recorder - can't really blame her. She had to even hire an attorney cause of the parents action with other stuff. What if she did not have it done?
        Cannot file till Friday - right?

This is not giving her the information cause she has totals and her social security number to give to parents she was checking to see WHEN it has to be given to the parents?

Comment

Just have your client give the parent the info right away. Be the bigger person about this. In the end the parent can't do anything because 2441 is one of the forms that is on hold by the IRS.

Chances are they are doing an RAL and it is going to cost them dearly.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Bob is absolutely on target. Why in the world the provider would want to withhold this information? Does she just enjoy buying problems and creating conflict? Even if there were some magic deadline such as Jan 31, why would it matter? Sometimes it amazes me that people will push some irrelevant advantage just because the other person isn't conforming to their standard of behavior.

I'm assuming the facts are as you say they are. So does she believe that if the other person is being a jerk, then being a jerk in return would in any way improve Jerk # 1's behavior? In most cases it just raises the level of the confrontation. If the client in under the imprsesion that she's teaching the other person some sort of lesson, you should assure her that this train has already left the station.
            Last edited by JohnH; 01-11-2011, 04:12 PM.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

agree with JohnH and Bob W

Tell her to give the woman the ID # of the daycare. If she has the amount paid, give her that too. You never win with these people.

Life is too short to create more problems for ourselves than we need to. Give it to her and hopefully she won't have to deal with her for a good while on any other issue.

Linda

Comment

i don't think

Originally posted by BOB W;
                In the end the parent can't do anything because 2441 is one of the forms that is on hold by the IRS. . . .
                2441 is on hold
                Just because I look dumb does not mean I am not.

Comment

I agree... 2441 is not on Hold and can be filed 1/14

Comment

Sorry, thought I read that it was on hold.
                    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
                    X