No announcement yet.

ETPS info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that's correct, but would like to know if I'm wrong. It's my understanding that if the total tax liability on the 941 is over $2,500 (before any deposits are taken into account), then there's a 10% penalty for submitting payment by check no matter when it's received. The penalty would apply to any remaining amount paid by check, and not paid through EFTPS.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Perhaps that's one of the new EFTPS rules. I know that in the past, I've had clients that went over the 2500 threshold and paid with the 941 prior to the 15th and never got any penalties. This is a good one to know a definitive answer on. I will research further tomorrow.
      Gary B., E.A.

Comment

Phone Call

John, thanks for your post on phoning for a PTIN #, but it didn't work, all that EFTPS would do, is take a phone payment which was okay as the deadline for payroll deposit was fast approaching.

EFTPS stated we would have to wait to receive the letter with the PTIN to set up the online.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
        X