scanning documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scanning documents

To those of you who use ATX document manager(not scan and fill) if you purchase DM this year and want to use it next year do you have to renew or buy it again?

We are only using it to store documents. I realize it creates a file in atx for the specific client you are working on, does it (dm) have to have current year status to work?

I also realize some are using paperport software to scan and save these documents. Can I put this software on a server and have 1 unique place to store all documents regardless of which computer or scanner it came from? I have paperport version 7, do I need to step up Version 12?

Thanks to all wh can shed some light on this subject before we get hammered.

Originally posted by TAX4US View Post
    To those of you who use ATX document manager(not scan and fill) if you purchase DM this year and want to use it next year do you have to renew or buy it again?

We are only using it to store documents. I realize it creates a file in atx for the specific client you are working on, does it (dm) have to have current year status to work?

I also realize some are using paperport software to scan and save these documents. Can I put this software on a server and have 1 unique place to store all documents regardless of which computer or scanner it came from? I have paperport version 7, do I need to step up Version 12?

Thanks to all wh can shed some light on this subject before we get hammered.
    I have Paper Port and Creative Solution's File Cabinet. Each have there own scan/printer capabilities. CS File cabinet (DM) allows direct scanning into it and printing from a scanned document into Paper Port allows me to print to CS File Cabinet through their Print Driver, which shows up on my printer screen as a printer. I have version 7.2.

Don't know if this gives you any insight.
    Last edited by BOB W; 01-10-2011, 02:18 PM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

PaperPort and VPN

Originally posted by TAX4US View Post

Thanks to all who can shed some light on this subject before we get hammered.
      -----
      We use PaperPort on local machines (serveral offices in Hawaii and California). These machines are connected to the data server with VPN. We cannot scan directly to the server because the server would expect the scanner to be connected to the server itself. Instead, we have PaperPort on the local machines. We scan to "our documents" on the local machine. The local machines can see and display the server file structure as a "network place". We have both windows open, a right click and hold on the document in "our documents" and drag to the server sub-folder and voila! the pdf document is in its proper place on the central server.

I hope this brief explanation makes some sense.
      Christopher Mewhort, EA
      mewhorttax.com

Comment

Working...
      X