Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neal Love

Form 8879

Do I have to have the client sign form 8879 federal and the CA Fran Tax Board form 8879

Both forms are produced by the tax program

Originally posted by neallove View Post
    Form 8879

Do I have to have the client sign form 8879 federal and the CA Fran Tax Board form 8879

Read IRS publication 1345; or is it 1346? There are the rules for retaining a client's signed form in your file for three years. I'm quite sure Kalifornicatia has similiar rules.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by neallove View Post
      Form 8879

All 8879 and state elf forms MUST be signed before you are authorized to electronically file that client's tax return. Your question indicates that you need additional reading on all your responsibilities when electronically filing tax returns.

Now don't get me wrong, I have a friend who is first time filing his clients' returns electronically and he has asked the same question.

This area is not just for doing the minimum needed to get the return filed. I carries other responsibilities that you must be aware of or you could lose you ability to electronically file returns. So get yourself up to speed by reading any pub on ELF.
      Last edited by BOB W; 01-08-2011, 10:43 AM.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
      X