NY E-File Mandate Question about EINs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY E-File Mandate Question about EINs

I am being told by Drake Software that New York State requires any EROs who wish to e-file a Fiduciary return, to have a Federal EIN assigned (to the ERO). As a sole proprietor, I have never needed an EIN and, while I see no harm in getting one, question if anyone else has been told of this requirement.

I have contacted New York State and they have no idea what I am talking about or assume I am asking if the Fiduciary Return itself needs an EIN.
    Doug

I did some searching but couldn't find anything on this....???
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Drake has now posted a message on their forum that New York DOES NOT require an EIN for e-filing an IT-205 However, they insist that their forum is not official support and that only their phone is official, so I am confused as to how to interpret the contradiction. Official support says it is needed and unofficial support says it isn't and they are fixing it with a patch.

Two calls to New York State tells me it is not required. It is nowhere in their Publication 90.

I am re-entering the entire return in another software package that does not have the EIN requirement for an ERO just in case.
      Doug

Comment

Both New York State and Drake now concur that there is no such requirement that an ERO have an FEIN in order to e-file an IT-205.

Thanks.
        Doug

Comment

You are good to go.....................
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Working...
          X