Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RitaB View Post
    I love you, John.
    JohnH is DA BOMB! I followed your advice about extensions last year, and it was a much easier. I had a nice April 15th. Plan to do the same this year.

For your listening pleasure, please click on the link. My thanks to all for your kind advice:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Those extra days

A complete non-issue to me (one-person operation).....

I don't get stressed before 04/15 and will also not do so on 04/16 or 04/17 or 04/18. Around that time I usually rely on my voice mail to handle all incoming calls, which I take all due time to answer, perhaps once a day.

Returns that are not in my hands by, let's say, the third week in March are prime candidates for extensions anyway.

Should a new panic-stricken client call, I will likely say I'm not even accepting new clients any more this season. Sole possible exception is from a strong recommend from a well-established long-time client (they tend to be gracious for the help).

Anyone who lets the automatic tax procrastinators rule their own lives and/or raise their blood pressure due to a calendar seriously needs to reevaluate their viewpoint on tax preparation services. Something along the line of "bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part" comes to mind.

BTW: Do you think the states will automatically include this mini-extension??

FE

Comment

Originally posted by FEDUKE404 View Post
        BTW: Do you think the states will automatically include this mini-extension??

FE
        Yes, I think they all will.

Comment

Hey Andover filers- make that 19 April. TTB 3-11.

Comment

I just checked and AZ has ALREADY said that the last day to file AZ tax returns is also April 18th. Good, no conflict there.

Comment

Interesting thought...

With the Emancipation Day holiday on 4/15, is this going to mean that going forward every year the filing deadline is moving to 4/16???? I would think this would not fly.

Thoughts? Rumblings?

Comment

Originally posted by hjltax View Post
                With the Emancipation Day holiday on 4/15, is this going to mean that going forward every year the filing deadline is moving to 4/16???? I would think this would not fly.

Thoughts? Rumblings?
                ED holiday is 16 April, but may be observed on a different day, depending on day of the week 16 Apr actually falls on (Sat this yr.)

Comment

I noticed that NC split the baby. They are following the Apr 18 deadline for income tax filings normally due on the 15th due to the change in the Federal due date. However, they are not extending the due date for personal or corporate estimated tax payments for the current (2011) year. Maybe they ae counting on picking up a few nickels in estimated tax penalties next year...

The NCDOR is committed to helping taxpayers comply with tax laws in order to fund public services benefiting the people of North Carolina.
                  "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by BP. View Post
                    Hey Andover filers- make that 19 April. TTB 3-11.
                    I've seen conflicting info on this 19 Apr Andover filers' deadline. Called IRS PPL today, and they say no 19 Apr deadline- it is 18 Apr. Can we get confirmation of which date applies, TTB? Thanks! I think that we don't e-file to Andover any longer??? Not sure . . .
                    Last edited by BP.; 01-19-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Not a continuing problem

Originally posted by hjltax View Post

Thoughts? Rumblings?
                      Emancipation Day itself is April 16th.

Because that date falls on a Saturday in 2011, the holiday is "celebrated" in DC on Friday, April 15th. Hence the apparent closure of federal offices et al, and the filing delay until the next business day (Monday, April 18th).

I would assume there should in the future be no conflict with the normal April 15th filing deadline except when similar weekend calendars occur.

FE

Comment

I stop taking appointments 5 days before the deadline and anyone showing up after that is placed on extension. It's normal to have 80+ extensions and the last few days are spent getting those filed.
                        In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
                        Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Working...
                        X