1099 repeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1099 repeal

the attempt by Sen Baucus to have "cumbersome" new 1099 rules repealed was REJECTED by US Senate on monday (as was other bill introduced to do same thing)
    So as of now new FORM 1099 rules are still in place in 2012!

Originally posted by luke View Post
    the attempt by Sen Baucus to have "cumbersome" new 1099 rules repealed was REJECTED by US Senate on monday (as was other bill introduced to do same thing)
    So as of now new FORM 1099 rules are still in place in 2012!
    One battle lost, but the war rages on I think this issue will be reserved for the new Congress so that it's members can take the credit. The lame ducks have nothing to gain.

Comment

This was just another trial balloon. No use voting until the nebies arrive, because the ones leaving don't have any political capital to trade. The kabuki dance will begin in earnest come January. There will be lots of votes to be traded and campaign contributions to be collected before this lucrative gem gets finalized.
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

This amendment to remove PL 111-148 Sec. 9006 was added to the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act by Senate Finance Committee Chair Max Baucus (D-Mont.). A similar amendment has been offered by Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Neb.)

Comment

both

voted DOWN Monday...

Comment

Originally posted by luke View Post
            voted DOWN Monday...
            True, because an impossible 67 votes were required because of suspension of the rules. Bacus amendment 53-44 and the Johanns amendment 61-35.

Virtually all agree to amend but the hang-up is how to pay for it. Bacus offered no way to pay at all. Johanns at least had a method for payment.

Comment

Easy - just tack on another $50 to a late-filing penalty or two and then project enough late filers to produce sufficient revenue to "pay for it". Problem solved.
              "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
                Easy - just tack on another $50 to a late-filing penalty or two and then project enough late filers to produce sufficient revenue to "pay for it". Problem solved.
                Not quite. The penalty was already doubled in 111-240.

Comment

Originally posted by BHoffman View Post
                  One battle lost, but the war rages on I think this issue will be reserved for the new Congress so that it's members can take the credit. The lame ducks have nothing to gain.
                  I agree, unfortunately we have to wait until Jan for it to happen. I suspect it is going to be just like the Bush tax cuts....wait til the last minute....and then give it to a committee to make a decision!!

Are you Obama voters embarrassed yet?!!!
                  Believe nothing you have not personally researched and verified.

Comment

I'm still thankful Palin's nowhere near the Whitehouse!!! Let her run you'll have Obama back for another 4 years. LOL!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X