IRS Mailing Addresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Mailing Addresses

Has anybody seen or know if IRS is changing any of the mailing addresses for 2010 returns? They have changed a few every year for the past several years.

A Link

This is for year 2010. 2011 is not out as of yet.

Last edited by clr; 11-07-2010, 09:24 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

IRS addresses

I have what might be a dumb question. Why does the IRS have two different addresses for "tax professionals" and for those filing "their own return?"

If a return is a paper filed return, the client always mails the return (at least in my case). It is their responsibility for getting the envelope to the IRS, not mine. I don't want the blame if it doesn't get there. Isn't that considered a return filed by a tax pro?

Comment

A tax professional should never mail another's return for many reasons, responsibility for the form being properly delivered, and U.S. Postal laws regarding mail fraud laws.

The tax professionally prepared returns may be processed by more experienced processors due the possible complexity of the return.
        Last edited by gkaiseril; 11-07-2010, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeemo View Post
          Has anybody seen or know if IRS is changing any of the mailing addresses for 2010 returns? They have changed a few every year for the past several years.
          Mailing address for tax file in 2011

Comment

Originally posted by gkaiseril View Post
            A tax professional should never mail another's return for many reasons, responsibility for the form being properly delivered, and U.S. Postal laws regarding mail fraud laws.
            Agree, that's why I asked the question!

Comment

IRS Addresses

Thank you Gene !!!

Comment

We are supposed to e-file returns this year, why do we even need mailing addresses? Probably for the returns that are impossible to efile. Also I guess to catch the preparers that are not e-filing.

Comment

There is a registration requirement.

You may also have clients that do not want to e-file.
                  You have prepared a prior year's return or returns.
                  There is a significant disruption of your Internet connection.
                  Congress uses the tax system to save the U.S. Post Office.
                  Last edited by gkaiseril; 11-08-2010, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X