NY registration redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NY registration redux

Has anyone bothered to re-register with NY for the upcoming tax season?

I did so last year (avoided the $ payment) but am seriously considering telling my very few NY clients to find another preparer for their 2010 tax returns.

FE

"Our life is frittered away by detail... Simplify, simplify, simplify! ... Simplicity of life and elevation of purpose." - Thoreau

I don't have to register again!

From the NY Taxation & Finance web site:

Change to tax preparer registration program
    Enrolled agents no longer need to register as a tax preparer because of a recent tax law change.

Comment

NY Registration

Thanks Lion, for this update.
      Thank Goodness, one less Registration process for 2010-2011 -NY Reg was a nightmare last year.

Sandy

Comment

NYSEA News

Here's a link to the NYSEA site (NYSEA spent $50,000 to fight the registration of EAs in NY):

Comment

Nyssea

That's all the more reason for out of state EAs from CT, NJ, PA, MASS. to join NYSSEA.

Our annual conventions are held 3rd weekend in October - (yup - just held last weekend)
          right by the Albany International Airport.

As a member - you continually get important, critical e-mails relating to regulation and legislation as it effects NY EAs or EAs who prepare NY tax returns,
          Uncle Sam, CPA, EA. ARA, NTPI Fellow

Comment

I agree

I agree. I did send in a small amount of money to NYSEA's legal fund while they were doing battle on behalf of all EAs who have NY clients (or in my case, NY commuters and a very few NY residents). I belong to NAEA and it's CtSEA chapter. I also belong to NY/CT-ATP where I get most of my NY tax news. All of us in the border states need an affiliation with NY-based preparers to have many eyes and ears listening for NY changes, such as the e-file mandate and obsolescence of the opt-out form. Even those of you farther away but in metro areas with constant moves of business people probably get some NRPY NY returns. I used to get a lot of CA residents who moved to NY or moved to CT and commuted to NY, so had to learn a lot about CA returns.

FYI: the annual two-day NY/CT-ATP seminar is Friday 3 December and Saturday 4 December at the Danbury Plaza Hotel & Conference Center on the NY border. Register for one or both days. http://nyctatp.org

Comment

Working...
            X