Scanners Advance questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanners Advance questions

Upon looking at scanners, I notice that some paper feed hoppers angle is roughly 30 degrees opposed to some other scanners have a 45 degree angle. Logically it would seem the more titled up ward the hopper is (45 degrees), the easier the paper flows. Anyone have any experience with that?

I currently use my Brother MFC 7220 for scanning. It only scans in black and one side. When I complete the initial scan, the program ask if I wish to continue scanning and for those 2 sided docs, I have flip the docs over and continue scanning and then my pg 2 ends up following pg 9 (last page of the docs). I am curious what scanners board members use that scan double side docs at once and place pages in sequence pg 1, pg 2 etc. in the PDF and also scan in color?

Does anyone use the Epson WorkForce GT-1500 Document Scanner?

You need to get a Fujitsu scanner. There are none better. I got one last year ( a fi-6130 for around 800.00) It has been worth every penny. Very fast, and will do both sides. I spent a lot of money trying others, but this is the best. The only warning I would have is to be sure it is Twain Compliant.

Comment

HP oh Brother

I've got a Fujitsu scanner also. I've had it for several years. Paid about $400 for it. It has done a good job but recently it has started jamming really bad. So I have to put papers in one at the time to scan.

My HP Laserjet 2015dn quit working about a week ago. Would have to turn it off and on to print. Looks like these printers had a problem with the formatter board. They used lead-free solder which could not take the heat from the on board chips. Only option was to buy a new formatter board which would be from $200 to $300 bucks. This printer was only 3 years old.

So HP got my goat with that printer because I paid around $450. I got it because it is a duplex/network printer.

After researching I finally decided on the Brother mfc 8890dw. It has alot of great reviews duplex printing, fax and scanning. Network, wireless, and usb capable. Paid $535 for it with tax. I haven't tried the scanning yet as it really took a little while to setup. But if you are happy with Brother you might try this model since it has the full duplex on it.

I always said I would never get an all in one setup but HP got me with this printer. So hopefully Brother will work out.

Comment

Hp

HP has been my favorite printer for years, like in about 20 years, but my last laserjet (purchased 2009) had a formatter board problem, and HP was of little to no assistance even though I was in the "warranty period" They started the warranty when it was manufactured, not sold! So HP told me I was out of warranty.

I am done with HP! Found a service tech that can service my older 4050 and 4100, but I will not buy another printer from HP.

I have a Canon scanner and need to upgrade, it has worked well and is a duplex scanner/copier.

I have looked a Fujitsu and think they are good, but again as prior poster stated needs to be "Twain compliant"

Looking to upgrade my scanner for the coming season, as my scanner is now 3 years old - I also have a Brother all in one, but could never manage to have the scanner work, so I just use it as a copier and fax machine.

Looking to change the fax over to the the e-fax - will save me $ for the fax line, and paper and toner cartridges.

So many decisions

Sandy

Comment

Wanted to follow up on my new purchase of the Brother MFC.

Scanning is just not up to par to the Fujitsu. Paperport which comes with the all in one brother is just not a very good program. It does not scan in duplex. It even says it on their site. I originally started out with Paperport... I believe that is the reason I stopped using it.

Even when scanning in duplex mode in Drake it takes awhile to go through. This is because the Brother feeds it through once and then brings it back and scans the other side. I still think the scanner will be great for tax return documents during the tax season as I will now be able to directly scan into Drake Documents.

I will continue to use the Fujitsu for my monthly bookkeeping and payroll work. The speed of scanning is just no comparison to Brother's MFC. Which I guess justifies the cost of Fujitsu scanner.

I now just need to figure out why I am having so many paperjams and the Fujitsu feeding more than one sheet at a time. Hopefully can find an answer online.

I think I will still be happy with the Brother. But if you want a dedicated fast scanner go with Fujitsu.

Comment

Futijsu model 6130...ProSeries sells it...what?

When I was on the phone the other day with ProSeries Tech support, the tech person directed me to the PS website where they displayed for sale, a Futijsu model 6130 that they recommend. I understood the PS tech person that in the near future PS will launch a program where as the tax preparer can once again scan W-2', 1099-R's etc. and data will auto flow into the tax return but this time it will be done in house. Its my understanding in the past, PS wanted the taxpreparers to purchase PS's special scanning equipment but now I understand any scanner will work but PS suggest this model 6130 for this task. Now I dont consider myself a tech person so I may not have this completely correct but the PS tech guy was pretty confident with the sucess of the improved program.

Any other PS users heard anything?

Comment

I use lacerte

and the document storage program is called DMS.

I believe proseries uses this as well.

The 6130 is the best scanner we have ever purchased. I have used two other models by Fujitsu as well and they were good but not as good.

The footprint is very small.

Comment

Working...
              X