My PTIN Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My PTIN Poll

I received my old PTIN - just curious how everyone else did.
    I got my old PTIN
    51.16%
    I got a new PTIN
    2.33%
    I haven't applied yet
    46.51%
    Last edited by JG EA; 10-23-2010, 03:54 PM.
    JG

I got my old number.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Ptin

I got my old number

Comment

New PTIN. See my other post

Primary Forum for posting questions regarding tax issues. Message Board participants can then respond to your questions. You can also respond to questions posted by others. Please use the Contact Us link above for customer support questions.

Comment

Got my original PTIN

After seeing all the problems about registering for the PTIN and the fact that many were getting new PTIN's, when I registered I referred back to the copy of the notice that I received from the IRS in 1999 that assigned my original PTIN number. A very low 4-digit number.

I used the same information (address) that was on that notice.

Once I got past the problem of not receiving the original e-mail with my initial password to proceed in the registration process, I flew through the registration and received my original PTIN.

It seems to me that the big problem of not receiving your original PTIN is due to the faulty programming by the IRS in not asking for that information during the registration process. A stupid mistake that could solve a lot of problems.
          Last edited by Jiggers; 10-24-2010, 07:20 AM.
          Jiggers, EA

Comment

Ptin

I got the same PTIN but they kept me in limbo for a few days.
            The first day I couldn't get all the information to jibe and they kicked me off and told me to try again the next day. So, the next day, I was extremely careful to use the same name and address exactly as shown on my tax return (rather than one of my many aliases). For several days after that my PTIN was "pending," which turned out to be a good thing since it was assigned in October instead of in December.

Comment

I got my old number, a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

No troubles

I used the online application and got my old number.

Comment

Still waiting to get all the bugs worked out plus after reading the post advising to apply later in the year because the timing to do the CEU's runs on yearly basis. If that's the case I want mine to come due at the end of year so I'll just wait awhile. Also just filed my own taxes a couple weeks ago so had to wait til I finished that.

Comment

Working...
                  X